Apple Watch Hermes now available from Apple & Hermes outlets in 17 more cities

Posted:
in Apple Watch
The special Hermes models of the Apple Watch can now be bought from Apple and Hermes stores in 17 more cities worldwide, on top of the original handful of locations, Apple announced via its website.

Most of the new cities are in the United States. These include Bellevue, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Las Vegas, Portland (Ore.), and Washington D.C. Europe and China are lesser focuses, with options in Barcelona, Brussels, Florence, Guangzhou, Macau, Madrid, Manchester, and Shangzhou.

The two other additions include Melbourne, Australia and Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.

Although not as expensive as the gold-crafted Apple Watch Edition line, Hermes models are nevertheless costlier than most, ranging between $1,100 and $1,500. Each comes with a Hermes leather band, and a custom watchface not available to other Apple Watch owners.

Online sales of the Hermes Watch have only been open since January. On April 19, Apple made the bands available separately, with four new colors and prices scaling from $340 to $690. Apple's other bands, in contrast, run anywhere from $49 for a Sport Band to $549 for a Space Black Link Bracelet.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    larz2112larz2112 Posts: 291member
    ...and this watch is approved by P.T. Barnum.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    To hell with the hoi polloi and their envy.

This is a classy-looking product and most likely selling well if they're adding cities and additional bands and colors.

I really would like to know what Edition sales have been—probably higher than anyone might suspect.
    macgui
  • Reply 3 of 7
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    Can't wait until they're available at Target!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    larz2112larz2112 Posts: 291member
    mac_128 said:
    Can't wait until they're available at Target!
    That won't be until all of the the early adopters have passed through the door marked "This Way to the Egress".
  • Reply 5 of 7
    kpomkpom Posts: 660member

This is a classy-looking product and most likely selling well if they're adding cities and additional bands and colors.

I really would like to know what Edition sales have been—probably higher than anyone might suspect.
    Exactly. That said, I'm a bit surprised at the "arbitrage" pricing model. If you are willing to forgo the watch face, etched back, and an extra year of warranty (with an option to buy a 3rd year), then it is $210 less to buy the Stainless Steel and the Hermes band separately. I'd have thought they'd either price the bands higher and/or lower the price of the Hermes to match.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    kpom said:

Exactly. That said, I'm a bit surprised at the "arbitrage" pricing model. If you are willing to forgo the watch face, etched back, and an extra year of warranty (with an option to buy a 3rd year), then it is $210 less to buy the Stainless Steel and the Hermes band separately. I'd have thought they'd either price the bands higher and/or lower the price of the Hermes to match.
    With the right credit card you get the extra year of warranty, or third year for free if you buy AC+ So really, you're only giving up the etched back not even you will likely ever see, and the watch face, which is evidently worth $210. And you get a second watch band for free!
  • Reply 7 of 7
    badmonkbadmonk Posts: 1,285member
    Yeah I know crazy nutty rip off expensive...but it's the one I want...but I will wait for generation 3 to drop this much $.