Apple could take over Dublin location for first Irish Apple Store

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    asdasd said:
    Ireland's numbers are clearly growing at a rate that probably exceeded Denmark by 2014 or 2015. 

But I don't buy Ireland's ( the poster not the country) arguments. It would definitely matter to many retail outlets that tourist numbers are high -- less so an expensive electronics store. Do many tourists but iPhones or macs on holiday? Apples prices are not cheap in Ireland. They might sell some accessories. The Genius Bar is a cost. 
    I'm a country God-dammit.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member

crowley said:
    Two years does not make a sustainable trend. It may well have gone above Denmark's, but I wouldn't say a single metric with three data points is clear at all.

In any case, that wasn't really the point.
    Sorry but that's funny. You made Ireland's numbers look good!
  • Reply 23 of 27
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    ireland said:

crowley said:
    Two years does not make a sustainable trend. It may well have gone above Denmark's, but I wouldn't say a single metric with three data points is clear at all.

In any case, that wasn't really the point.
    Sorry but that's funny. You made Ireland's numbers look good!
    Happy to oblige, I love the emerald isle!  :*
  • Reply 24 of 27
    realisticrealistic Posts: 1,154member
    ireland said:
    They missed out on the perfect building which was taken over by H&M just over a year ago. Nice size without being too large, much better location, nicer building with entrances on both sides of the block. This has historical pedigree, I guess. It's just out of the way in terms of Grafton Street which is the main shopping street in Dublin with more people with money walking around and a very busy pedestrian street. The north side has shopping streets too, so it's not like Cleary's is in the middle of nowhere. We'll honestly take any kind of store at this stage, even a fruit stand; anything!

Nice building but the other is a better retail building as it has street level glass windows and we know Apple loves glass.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    asdasd said:
    Lots of Irish people coming out of the woodwork here. I'm taking note. 
    Why? Are we that hard to spot normally? Perhaps if we write "Faith and begorrah!" at the end of each post it might help???  B)

Sidric The (Irish) Viking
  • Reply 26 of 27
    Will U2 perform at the inauguration? I'd have voted for R.E.M. if they hadn't disbanded...
  • Reply 27 of 27
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    I would wonder, in the case of Denmark, what counts as tourism.  Do they count through traffic too and from Sweden and Norway?
    edited April 2016