Samsung reports Q1 mobile profits just 24% of Apple's

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    rogifan_newrogifan_new Posts: 4,297member
    sog35 said:
    So AI is writing about Samsung to deflect from Apple's meh quarter? Let's face it the sentiment on Apple right now is certainly not bullish. And Tim Cook and Apple PR have never been good at changing narratives. I hate when my Twitter feed is full of pro-Apple writers/bloggers tweeting about other companies products (like the new all metal Retina display chrome book from HP that starts at $499. I hope Apple has some big surprises to announce at WWDC. 
    Apple just made over $10 billion in 3 months.

It was only seen as a 'bad' quarter because of last years ridiculous numbers. That's it.

Apple made more in 3 months than Google made in 6 months. Yet Google is valued more sans cash.
    More often than not perception matters more than reality. And right now Apple sentiment is negative. That's just fact. I hope they bring it with iPhone 7 (or whatever they call it). Pretty much every flagship Android device released so far this year has gotten good reviews, especially the camera. I want Apple to shut up all the tech bloggers with a superior phone with the best camera.
    dasanman69
  • Reply 22 of 26
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    It's my understand iPhone SE wasn't included in the quarter.

Why are people worried? The SE seems to he a hit and even if it were a dud it's still EXTRA sales/profit. Apple is gonna do great.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    Apple's usual:

Let's be reasonable. There *will* be times when performance won't blow the doors off. 

It's best to take a longer view of the matter and see how Apple does over the next 1-2 years. A slight decline is no reason to start with all the hand-wringing (mind you, the hand-wringing has been going on since the early part of the last decade.)
    Brilliant!!! Can I tweet this? If so, to whom do I make the attribution?
  • Reply 24 of 26
    blitz2blitz2 Posts: 34member
    sog35 said:
    So AI is writing about Samsung to deflect from Apple's meh quarter? Let's face it the sentiment on Apple right now is certainly not bullish. And Tim Cook and Apple PR have never been good at changing narratives. I hate when my Twitter feed is full of pro-Apple writers/bloggers tweeting about other companies products (like the new all metal Retina display chrome book from HP that starts at $499. I hope Apple has some big surprises to announce at WWDC. 
    Apple just made $14 BILLION in operating profit this quarter.

It was only seen as a 'bad' quarter because of last years ridiculous numbers. That's it.

Apple made $14 billion in operating profit Jan-March. Three months.
    Google made $10 billion in Oct-March. Six months.

Yet Google is worth $50 billion more than Apple sans cash.

Just to put into perspective how ridiculously great Q2 2015 was last year:

Apple made $18.3 BILLION in operating profit in Q2 2015
    Google only made $19.6 BILLION in operating profit for the ENTIRE 2015!!!
    In ONE QUARTER Apple almost made as much operating profit as Google for the ENTIRE YEAR.
    That quarter was just utterly ridiculous as far as profits.

iPhone sales down
    Mac sales down
    iPad sales down
    Still no reporting on the appleWatch

This WAS a disappointing quarter.

Next quarter will be worse: people will flock to the iPhone SE which will drop margins and turnover

BTW: How gloating were you last year for what you say now was an abnormal quarter.
    Can't have it both ways, can you?
    Oh yes, you sog, you can!

:D  :D :D
    edited April 2016 singularity
  • Reply 25 of 26
    blitz2blitz2 Posts: 34member

sog35 said:
    More often than not perception matters more than reality. And right now Apple sentiment is negative. That's just fact. I hope they bring it with iPhone 7 (or whatever they call it). Pretty much every flagship Android device released so far this year has gotten good reviews, especially the camera. I want Apple to shut up all the tech bloggers with a superior phone with the best camera.
    sure.

But perception don't mean crap. In the long term its profits/cash flow that determine a companies stock price and success.

Just happy I was able to pick up 300 more shares this week at cheap prices.
    If this goes down to low $90's I'll buy 200 more shares.

10 years from now I'll be laughting at all these idiot analysis and media clowns when Apple is $300
    I'm laughing right now  :D :D :D
    cnocbui