Rumored 'iPhone 7' design schematic shows size similar to iPhone 6s, bigger camera opening

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 62
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    cnocbui said:
    jackansi said:
    It's amazing how many people throw good engineering right out of the window just to get thinner bezels...  

If thin bezels are what makes or break a product, it was a pretty thin idea and execution to begin with.  End of story.
    A lot of people think that thinner bezels are more aesthetically pleasing.  I would be one of them.  I don't recall anyone complaining about Apple taking aesthetic design decisions over engineering perfection with the iconic 4 and 4s.

You must have a bad memory, then. Remember "Antenna-gate"? Not to mention all the complaints about the aesthetically pleasing glass on both sides being prone to breaking easily (never had a problem with that, myself, despite numerous impromptu drop tests onto a variety of hard surfaces).

It seems every year, we go through the same cycle. Rumours abound, everyone decides whether they hate it or love it, people speculate wildly about what will or will not be included, the actual announcement is made, and then the bitching about "missing" "features", poor design choices, insufficient battery life, "aesthetics over engineering", not having a kickstand, and including something that no-one is ever going to use begins. Then, within the following six months, rumours start coming out and it starts again.