Foxconn & Pegatron kick off hiring early to cope with Apple's more complex 'iPhone 7' - report

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    Roger_FingasRoger_Fingas Posts: 148member, editor
    sflocal said:
    So the reports (i.e. "fabrications") from the typical story-spinners that said shops like Foxconn were struggling with slowing iPhone sales turned out to be just another example come total and complete horseshit?
    Given its own hard statistics, Apple has clearly been dealing with an iPhone slowdown.

In any event, Foxconn and Pegatron's current hiring should be seen separately. They always need a temporary inflation of their workforces to deal with an iPhone launch, much in the same way that a lot of American business hire extra workers for the Christmas holidays.

• Reply 22 of 25
    retrogustoretrogusto Posts: 1,117member
    lkrupp said:
    mj web said:
    Based on gossip I was ready to forgo iP 7 if it proved to be a half hearted upgrade. If it delivers innovations I'll upgrade to iP 7. If it's cosmetic, I won't.
    People like you throw around the “innovation” word a lot. Care to elaborate? And don’t refer to better battery life, improved screen resolution, increased camera megapixels, cutesy bezels, and so forth as innovations. They are NOT. Real innovations are something like 3D Touch, which we are told that Google is delaying support for because of hardware OEM issues. There’s not much left to do in the smartphone market other than simply improving and shrinking the existing technology, which is NOT innovation. That’s evolution. Current reports also say that the FM radio chips in most of the smartphones out there may be turned on soon by the carriers. That’s NOT innovation either.
    I would argue that if Apple were to come out with a new battery technology that enables them to increase battery life by 40%, that very much would qualify as innovation, as would pretty much any new technology incorporated into the device. Somebody has to come up with the technology that enables them to make improvements that they couldn't have made with previously existing technology--iPhones don't just "evolve" without innovation. But I'm with you when it comes to the cutesy bezels.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/innovate

"Make changes in something established, especially by introducing new methods, ideas, or products"
  • Reply 23 of 25
    dayedaye Posts: 18member
    why we have to wait for 2-3 weeks for IPHONE SE ? 
  • Reply 24 of 25
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    lkrupp said:
    People like you throw around the “innovation” word a lot. Care to elaborate? And don’t refer to better battery life, improved screen resolution, increased camera megapixels, cutesy bezels, and so forth as innovations. They are NOT. Real innovations are something like 3D Touch, which we are told that Google is delaying support for because of hardware OEM issues. There’s not much left to do in the smartphone market other than simply improving and shrinking the existing technology, which is NOT innovation. That’s evolution. Current reports also say that the FM radio chips in most of the smartphones out there may be turned on soon by the carriers. That’s NOT innovation either.
    I would argue that if Apple were to come out with a new battery technology that enables them to increase battery life by 40%, that very much would qualify as innovation, as would pretty much any new technology incorporated into the device. Somebody has to come up with the technology that enables them to make improvements that they couldn't have made with previously existing technology--iPhones don't just "evolve" without innovation. But I'm with you when it comes to the cutesy bezels.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/innovate

"Make changes in something established, especially by introducing new methods, ideas, or products"
    yeah, "new" is the word here. a bigger screen, NOT INNOVATION, smaller bezel, (which Apple 100% could have done already) not really innovation, more a marketing talking point.

A 40% better battery, which likely would require an entirely new battery tech : yep, that's innovation.
    Apple being the first to 64 bit (years before others) and its extremely high IPC Arm chips, that's innovation.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    igorskyigorsky Posts: 759member
    sflocal said:
    So the reports (i.e. "fabrications") from the typical story-spinners that said shops like Foxconn were struggling with slowing iPhone sales turned out to be just another example come total and complete horseshit?

Basically.  LOL at all those clowns/experts who have already proclaimed the 7 to be a failure.