I/O 2016: Google Allo smart messenger and Duo video calling coming to iOS, Android this summer

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    ireland said:
    Apple it's time to take iMessage cross-platform. FFS please save us.

Rename FaceTime audio to something that makes sense (EarShot per example) and add EarShot and FaceTime to iMessage and kill the FaceTime app.

Apple text, audio and video communication cross-platform and out-of-the-box for Apple customers.

Boom.

And I'd go one step further and simplify signup ala WhatsApp etc. Signup should be impossibly easy.
    Yes! I completely agree (except for that specific name ear shot, maybe Voice Time?). Dilution of Apple device value would be minimal, but the gain would be huge, let alone being a good way to break down barriers to entering the Apple ecosystem in full [it could even be construed as an olive branch the the reflexive Apple skeptics/haters out there.. the blue bubbles can bring us together ;) ].
    edited May 2016
  • Reply 22 of 22
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    ireland said:
    Apple it's time to take iMessage cross-platform. FFS please save us.

Rename FaceTime audio to something that makes sense (EarShot per example) and add EarShot and FaceTime to iMessage and kill the FaceTime app.

Apple text, audio and video communication cross-platform and out-of-the-box for Apple customers.

Boom.

And I'd go one step further and simplify signup ala WhatsApp etc. Signup should be impossibly easy.
    TalkTime! And integrate it into the phone app so that calls use TalkTime instead of the mobile network when you're dialing another TalkTime user and both are internet connected. I.e. iMessage for calls.  Viber does something similar within their app.

I've been saying this since FaceTime Audio came out.
    edited May 2016