Best Video Card - Under $200.00

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    falconfalcon Posts: 458member
    [quote]Not everybody wants to go down the route of flashing and overclocking video cards.

The Radeon 9000 is also not as expensive as the 8500. At least in the mac market.

<hr></blockquote>

The LE is mearly an underclocked version of the 8500, its very simple, and quite safe to overclock it to reasonable levels, a 250/275 -&gt; 275/275 overclock is painless, easy, and stable.

I can understand why someone wouldnt want to flash a card. It can be a nerveracking experience.

However the poster wanted opinions and options, and I gave him one that would save him a serious amount of money if he wanted to go the extra mile, as well as give him better proformance. Nothing wrong with that now is there?

[ 08-09-2002: Message edited by: Falcon ]</p>
  • Reply 22 of 23
    I have never upgraded my video card before. How does one go about flashing there video card? I also am ordering the 9000Pro mac edition unless of course i cna spare some extra cash and pop out for the 9700pro by the time they release it.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    [quote]Originally posted by Falcon:

<strong>

The LE is mearly an underclocked version of the 8500, its very simple, and quite safe to overclock it to reasonable levels, a 250/275 -&gt; 275/275 overclock is painless, easy, and stable.

I can understand why someone wouldnt want to flash a card. It can be a nerveracking experience.

However the poster wanted opinions and options, and I gave him one that would save him a serious amount of money if he wanted to go the extra mile, as well as give him better proformance. Nothing wrong with that now is there?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sorry, it was good advice. I didn't mean for it to seem as if I was biting your head off.