With Touch ID rumored for Apple's new MacBook Pros, PC makers prep trackpad fingerprint readers

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    radster360radster360 Posts: 546member
    Windows laptop had fingerprint biometrics for such a long time an the crap never worked effectively. The whole sliding thing required the finger or thumb in very specific position. Apple Touch fixed all of that nonsense. That was one thing. The second thing Apple Touch had was the whole security enclave stuff that made it even robust. So, just putting a finger print sensors in Windows touch pad is going to make it better, even if it comes our before Apple puts it on MacBook.
  • Reply 42 of 47
    I would like to see this in the trackpad. Even though I don't care for the idea Apple could simply embed the sensor/button in the right or left corner of the MacbookPro. It seems fairly natural angle to come in at it with the thumb anyways...Looking at it if you put it center above where the supposed touch strip is going to be that could work for index finger as well...Regardless of implementation I really like the idea of incorporating this. Instant user switching based on scan...that is somewhat game changing in our house where we have a couple iMacs that everyone uses. (5 of us).
  • Reply 43 of 47
    igorskyigorsky Posts: 755member
    staticx57 said:
    why- said:
    This headline makes it seem like there's some sort of correlation between the two
    Microsoft and Google design their products around rumors on sites like these. So yea, there is a correlation

Shhhh....nobody copies Apple.  It's purely everyone's imagination.
  • Reply 44 of 47
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    igorsky said:
    staticx57 said:
    Microsoft and Google design their products around rumors on sites like these. So yea, there is a correlation

Shhhh....nobody copies Apple.  It's purely everyone's imagination.

Well, they can't be copying if it comes out first...
  • Reply 45 of 47
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    anome said:
    Hey, Bill. Foundation not panning out? 
  • Reply 46 of 47
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    anome said:
    Hey, Bill. Foundation not panning out? 

Oh, sorry. I forgot to put a clear indicator that I was joking and relied on the context of a reply to what I understood to be a joke to carry the humour. My mistake.

For those of you who might still be struggling, you see there's a rumour that Apple might release something, so other companies are racing to get something out before Apple even announces it. Then, when (if) Apple does announce it, "analysts" everywhere will say "Well, they're just copying [some other company], and it's not really innovative." And then we'll be back to discussing how Apple is doomed, they can't innovate anymore, Steve would never have done this, and Tim Cook should resign.

See, aren't jokes much funnier when you explain them?

• Reply 47 of 47
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    anome said

Oh, sorry. I forgot to put a clear indicator that I was joking and relied on the context of a reply to what I understood to be a joke to carry the humour. My mistake

Sorry, too; the emoticon bugged out. There was supposed to be a wink.