Success of next-generation iPhone could rest with Siri, survey says

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    slurpy said:
    "Success of next-generation iPhone could rest with Siri, survey says" No it won't.
    Oh yes it could! Hold your jaded opinions until after the WWDC keynote.
    no, it wont. the next iphone will sell millions and millions, again. iphone is the single best selling smartphone in the world. it is the single best selling consumer electronic good. and one of the most (if not the most) profitable consumer products ever. its not going to tank next year if the tech nerds dont get the latest craze (and im sorry, but i still fail to see the point of the Echo...a bluetooth speaker that can slowly read news to me offers little value. im likely not alone since Amazon wont release sales numbers).
  • Reply 42 of 45
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    First they tell us that nobody uses Siri and it's basically useless.

Now they tell us it's so important that the success of the iPhone depends on Siri?
    All I can say is I use Siri many, many times a day.   Would I like her to marry Watson?  Absolutely.
  • Reply 43 of 45
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member

mac_128 said:
    They probably should take into account this survey which will have a much more important impact on Apple's reliance on voice recognition as an I/O for their products.

97% of people are too embarrassed to use Siri in public.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/technology/people-too-embarrassed-to-talk-to-siri-in-public-study-finds/article/467147
    All I can say is given the number of people that walk around talking far too loudly on either a head set or using a phone I find this hard to believe.  It seems to me  vast numbers of people out there are border line sociopaths, so using Siri shouldn't be an issue.  Or perhaps non sociopaths buy iPhones ...  ?  
    edited June 2016
  • Reply 44 of 45
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    There is no question Siri can be improved, but to say the success of the next iPhone depends on Siri is quite ridiculous. My biggest want is a dual lens camera. Everything else is just a bonus to me. 
    Agree. Siri has no bearing for me. Better camera, faster processor and relocating the power button to the top would be enough for me. Apart from those physical changes, further iOS improvements are important.
  • Reply 45 of 45
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

mac_128 said:
    They probably should take into account this survey which will have a much more important impact on Apple's reliance on voice recognition as an I/O for their products.

97% of people are too embarrassed to use Siri in public.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/technology/people-too-embarrassed-to-talk-to-siri-in-public-study-finds/article/467147
    I fall into that group. I'm not a very verbal person and that makes Siri relatively useless for me.