Google to ape Apple's 'Subscriptions 2.0' payout policy without customer retention stipulation

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    On second thought @crowley, you're probably right to some extent on your points that relate to me getting too worked up about this (e.g. I can see why you'd use the word "blowhard," and also reflecting back my 'get a life' statement). FWIW, my frustration is more with the blatantly negative trolls that are all too frequent on this site. Despite our differences, you are clearly a thoughtful person, and I regret and apologize for the part I played in escalating this argument beyond where it should have gone.  
    And I'm probably a bit too sharp and unyielding in my rebuttals. There's an awful lot of inflexible provocateurs and would-be demagogues around here (and the Internet generally) and their influence makes even honest disagreements and discussions spiker than they need to be on all sides, which is a shame.

Let's be friends!
    mattinoztechlover
  • Reply 42 of 44
    techlovertechlover Posts: 879member
    Well I have to say to @crowley and @patchythepirate that came to fine end!

You two made your arguments, disagreed fiercely at first, then cooled your jets and let reason prevail. Even though you two might not agree on the points of the argument, you agreed to be civil about it in the end.

This is all too rare and we need more of this.

Good on both of you. This is a great example showing that you don't need to agree to get along.
  • Reply 43 of 44
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    techlover said:
    Well I have to say to @crowley and @patchythepirate that came to fine end!

You two made your arguments, disagreed fiercely at first, then cooled your jets and let reason prevail. Even though you two might not agree on the points of the argument, you agreed to be civil about it in the end.

This is all too rare and we need more of this.

Good on both of you. This is a great example showing that you don't need to agree to get along.
    +1. Emphatically!
  • Reply 44 of 44
    Just coming back to this thread now.

@crowley Agreed!

@techlover @gatorguy Thank you. Passionate disagreement and civility need not be mutually exclusive. :)

Looking forward to some interesting announcements from Apple tomorrow, and more fodder for interesting discussions.