Apple debuts 'Shot on iPhone' ad timed with European Football Championship

Posted:
in iPhone edited June 2016
Apple's U.K. branch on Thursday premiered a new "Shot on iPhone" ad, "The Beautiful Game," exploiting the UEFA European Football Championship beginning on Friday.

The commercial features customer-shot images and video of soccer players, fields, and stadiums, as well as some street photography. Accompanying it is "Wings," a song by Little Simz.

The spot comes just a few days after Apple added eight more videos to its "Shot on iPhone" collection. The marketing campaign is intended to draw attention to the company's camera technology and software, long one of the iPhone's key selling points.

The campaign has extended well beyond the internet in the past, including TV and print ads, and even billboards.

Apple is expected to place even more emphasis on photography in its next-generation of iPhones, giving 5.5-inch "Plus" models a dual-lens camera. Even regular 4.7-inch models may come equipped with optical image stabilization, something previously limited to Plus phones.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    adrayvenadrayven Posts: 460member
    I actually liked that one.. nice work
  • Reply 2 of 3
    bigdobigdo Posts: 19member
    Not only does the Euro 2016 start this Friday, but also the US is hosting Copa America which started June 3.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    adrayven said:
    I actually liked that one.. nice work
    You sound surprised. I think most of the Shot on iPhone shorts have been great. This is perhaps different in that it is composed of many stills shot in many different light conditions, but I think I would have been more surprised if I didn't like it.
    lolliver