Imposters again target NYC Apple Store, pilfer $16,000 in iPhones

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    seanie248seanie248 Posts: 181member
    vitaprimo said:
    Can these stolen iPhones be activated at all?
    that doesn't really matter to thieves. They find someone who will part with dosh for an iPhone in a shrink wrapped box, then leg it. Its the poor sod who tries to activate who loses out. It not like they are going to go back to the seller for a warranty...
  • Reply 22 of 24
    ***these phones will be fully functional over seas.*** (swap out motherboards, etc.....) i recently left my iphone 6+ on a delta flight. (in airplane mode) long story short, i never got it back. the other day, i received an email from verizon asking for international roaming to be used for MY OLD PHONE! "wow, maybe i can find this now!" Apple MUST be able to brick it now that it has its serial number of MY phone on it, amd have located it." The Apple CS said, "Ther's NOTHING we, (Apple) can do!?????? Wait, you,see MY phone being activated. I provided ALL info. to them, and basically what i was hearing from the Apple CS dude was, "Once its activated, we can't do a thing...." what a bunch of BS. As an Apple dedeicated customer since 1992 gets THIS, kind of help is a disgrace to Apple & ALL OF IT'S EMPLOYEES. Thanks Apple & Verizon for doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO HELP.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    Prismo1 said:
    This article is wrong in a lot of ways, Apple employees wore polo shirts for about 2 months while new high quality shirts were being prepared. They are currently in green long sleeve or short sleeve tshirts for earth awareness. And alternate during the year between navy, gray (green, which is new), and red for holidays. They haven't worn "happy blue" shirts since before the launch of the Apple Watch. So it isn't easier to copycat, if anything it's harder. As before Angela came on board there was basically one shirt design for 80% of the year, in one color, made of a common polo material. With the exception of red during holidays. Now shirts alternate every few months and are a high quality silken stretch material. The reporting on this site is usually good. But this is a bit sloppy
    I know the store near me was wearing blue shirts just two weeks ago when I bought a laptop... YOUR info seems to be bad.

• Reply 24 of 24
    Prismo1Prismo1 Posts: 3member
    Prismo1 said:
    This article is wrong in a lot of ways, Apple employees wore polo shirts for about 2 months while new high quality shirts were being prepared. They are currently in green long sleeve or short sleeve tshirts for earth awareness. And alternate during the year between navy, gray (green, which is new), and red for holidays. They haven't worn "happy blue" shirts since before the launch of the Apple Watch. So it isn't easier to copycat, if anything it's harder. As before Angela came on board there was basically one shirt design for 80% of the year, in one color, made of a common polo material. With the exception of red during holidays. Now shirts alternate every few months and are a high quality silken stretch material. The reporting on this site is usually good. But this is a bit sloppy
    I know the store near me was wearing blue shirts just two weeks ago when I bought a laptop... YOUR info seems to be bad.

Unless it's a newer store, or you bought it just before Earth Day, every store should currently be in Green Shirts.