Siri query returns response about Mac OS X Finder app ahead of WWDC

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    JinTechJinTech Posts: 1,020member
    Hopefully, they add finder to ios, it is the thing it needs most. And the real reason you still can't do pro things on ios. 
    I beg to differ. I use my iPad exclusively for "pro things" and I do a lot more than word processing and spreadsheets. 
  • Reply 22 of 28
    bwinski said:
    What do you expect ??? SIRI is an IDIOT! I've got a two year old turtle that's smarter then it. To the trash....
    Always check your spelling before using the word 'idiot'. 
    Haha...made me smile! :)

P.S. And don't forget to avoid cliches like the plague! :)
  • Reply 23 of 28
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    hexclock said:
    focher said:
    Like iCloud Drive? Or Dropbox? Or Box? Or...
    I think he means a folder localized to the device, not reliant on an Internet connection. 
    Well, something like Document 5 provides local folders, and the like and its free (pretty good actually).
    A native capacity would be better, probably very similar to Document 5, not direct access to the underlying file system, but an abstracted one where remote sources can be sort of mounted.
    edited June 2016
  • Reply 24 of 28
    blitz1blitz1 Posts: 433member
    bdkennedy said:
    I don't understand why Siri on the Mac is such a big deal. Voice recognition has been around for 20 years and I don't know a single person during that time that speaks to their computer.
    Let's use a little imagination. Siri isn't "voice recognition", she's an intelligent assistant. And it's likely a Mac version would allow you to type in queries and commands.

The laugh of the day.
    Thanks for that
  • Reply 25 of 28
    hexclockhexclock Posts: 1,243member
    foggyhill said:
    hexclock said:
    I think he means a folder localized to the device, not reliant on an Internet connection. 
    Well, something like Document 5 provides local folders, and the like and its free (pretty good actually).
    A native capacity would be better, probably very similar to Document 5, not direct access to the underlying file system, but an abstracted one where remote sources can be sort of mounted.
    That's cool, I had not heard of that. Personally I have no need to access the file system in that manner, but I'm sure some people would like that capability. Hiding the file system was probably Apple's way of protecting the public from itself. I can imagine the lines of people at the Genius Bar complaining about a "broken" phone if they had such access. 
  • Reply 26 of 28
    singularitysingularity Posts: 1,328member
    Hopefully it's better than Dictation, which was a huge mess and never worked.
    You expect Siri to understand your poor phonetics, short consonants and long vowels? Sorry, but Voice to Text works great on iOS with Siri, if you come from the Pacific Northwest, with crisp phonetics that are considered the most clear English around.
    Really? The most clear English could be argued is in England and what you colonialshave done to it is a tragedy ;-)
    realjustinlong
  • Reply 27 of 28
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    Hopefully, they add finder to ios, it is the thing it needs most. And the real reason you still can't do pro things on ios. There are many great apps but modifying a file in one app then trying to do something else to it in another app is painful to do. Even a simple documents folder that all apps can see would be nice.
    I hear you and that's why I still prefer my Macs.  The thing is most people I come across can't understand a hierarchical filing system, aka the Finder.  It's been that way for well over 30 years in my experience involved with computers and in particular with Apple as a dealer and software developer.  Hence iOS is the way it.  It is specifically designed not to have a Finder.  It is idiot proof.
    edited June 2016
  • Reply 28 of 28
    Hopefully, they add finder to ios, it is the thing it needs most. And the real reason you still can't do pro things on ios. There are many great apps but modifying a file in one app then trying to do something else to it in another app is painful to do. Even a simple documents folder that all apps can see would be nice.
    I hear you and that's why I still prefer my Macs.  The thing is most people I come across can't understand a hierarchical filing system, aka the Finder.  It's been that way for well over 30 years in my experience involved with computers and in particular with Apple as a dealer and software developer.  Hence iOS is the way it.  It is specifically designed not to have a Finder.  It is idiot proof.
    Nothing is idiot-proof, given a sufficiently-advanced idiot ;)