Foxconn chairman tells staff to expect 'feeble' iPhone sales until early 2017 - report

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    zoetmb said:
    TurboPGT said:

Good analogy! The only other thing on the market that changes so wildly on the annual is: Toys! Because toys are made for fickle immature children who need new new new all the time, to satisfy their short attention spans. But that's fine, because they are children. Most of them won't be like as adults...most....

Compare that to how often Tools change. Every year there are slight changes and innovations, but the core Tool remains the same, as its still serving the same purpose and accomplishing the same task(s).

I'm hoping the next MBPs are innovative because I'm typing this on a late-2008 MBP and I need a faster machine to deal with video.   In all other respects, I haven't yet seen enough value-add in more recent models (and in some respects, like the inability to change the battery, upgrade memory or switch out the drive, or the fact that solid state drives have less capacity per dollar than HDDs, they're worse) to replace this machine yet.   That tells me that Apple is not innovative enough.   I'm not generally a critic of Cook and I'm not aware of anyone who could replace him and do a better job, but I think he placed a big bet on the Apple Watch and that hasn't yet panned out very well.    Sometimes I wonder what all those Apple employees are actually doing.   Has Apple become so big that it's impossible to manage and as a result, efficiency has dropped?    

Sorry, but this is complete garbage. The difference between a 2008 and 2015 MBP is night and day. Every single aspect is MASSIVELY improved, from the CPU/GPU/SSD performance, the screen, trackpad, keyboard, audio, form factor, lightness, thinness, etc. If you truly don't even think any of those massive improvements are worthwhile, then maybe you should just drop Apple all together, because that's pretty insane. What exactly are you looking for? For Apple to go back to hard drves, or much thicker machines with upgradable components that almost nobody cares about? Here's a hint- that won't happen with the next version of Macbooks, or the one after. You throw around the word "innovative", which is pretty meaningless, and yet spit on the fact that the MBPs on the market now are a massive improvement in every single way over what you own, in terms of a tool to actually do work on. Its why they're still by far the highest rated laptops in the world. You sound like a troll. 
  • Reply 22 of 23
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited September 2016