LinkedIn's iOS Developer Community cancels WWDC watch party after Microsoft purchase

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    drowdrow Posts: 126member
    dick move, guys.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    At least Microsoft is doing something with its money  instead of sitting on it. 
  • Reply 23 of 28
    badmonkbadmonk Posts: 1,326member
    At least Microsoft is doing something with its money  instead of sitting on it. 
    i'm sorry but this move destroys shareholder value.  This is what happens when executives believe their own inflated stock values...they make stupid decisons and piss money down the drain.  There is no way this acquisition justifies its price.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    schlack said:
    I think if MSFT executes on the LI purchase well, there are a lot of opportunities. But that's a big IF considering prior MSFT performance. Still, I think Nadella is working hard to steer a big ship with a small rudder.
    ....   no GPS or even a map though.

Deleted my LinkedIn account.
    I'm deleting mine as well. I've been on that site for probably 10 years or more.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Accounting for inflation the $400,000,000.00 purchase of my fellow colleagues at NeXT Inc., with Steve and all the talent in today's dollars equates to Value: $616,351,791.53. How a Business Social Network is valued at 26.5 Billion really tells me how Microsoft thinks spying on connections will garner them a leg up in future creative endeavors, ideas and more.
    Yes, I think their ownership represents an inescapable ethical dilemma which can only be solved by users as they decide whether or not to delete their accounts.
    edited June 2016
  • Reply 26 of 28
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,221member

Gross!

• Reply 26 of 28
    LeoLunaLeoLuna Posts: 1member

LinkedIn's iOS Developer Community cancels WWDC watch party after Microsoft purchase

So this is basically your real life Bachmanity Insanity