iOS 10, watchOS 3 & macOS Sierra betas debut for developers today, public testers in July

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Soli said:
    With macOS Sierra, Apple is coming awfully close to a stripper-based naming convention. We'll know next year if they introduce macOS Cinnamon.
    You don't want a lapdance from El Capitan though...
  • Reply 22 of 28
    Hope Sierra finally fixes the problem with safari literally freezing up the whole system and requiring a hard reset. It's been happening on my 2013 Macbook Air since the first release of El Capitan. Tried resetting everything, re-installing the OS. Kind of disappointed in the quality of this release.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,913member
    Too many good news on all software front. Glad, they didn't announce any new hardware. Best time for hardware announcement is Fall and Spring.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    chabigchabig Posts: 641member
    Apple knows the audience for the keynote -- it's largely the public. That's why all the emphasis on user facing features. The technical details will be covered for the hard core developers in their separate session.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    rogifan_newrogifan_new Posts: 4,297member
    I think most of the features that were announced are great but man Apple needs to do a better job of tying it all together and providing a broader vision. If someone asked what the theme of this keynote was it would be hard to say. It seemed more like just a string of new features that were more about catching up with the competition than some overarching vision of the future according to Apple.

Only real bummer of the keynote for me was iPad got zero love this year. :(
    mattinoz
  • Reply 26 of 28
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,322member
    Why no love for the iPad in IOS?
    Also why does watchOS get handwriting recognition while iPadPro with pencil doesn't?

Other than all good stuff but think they could have pushed harder on the feature set.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    mattinoz said:
    Why no love for the iPad in IOS?
    Also why does watchOS get handwriting recognition while iPadPro with pencil doesn't?

Other than all good stuff but think they could have pushed harder on the feature set.
    Are you certain it doesn't? I thought that iOS included that option for Eastern languages , or maybe just Chinese language, with logographic pictograms many years back when the Chinese market really started booming.

I would assume the iPad Prowhiel using the Apple Pencil can more easily render those characters than with just your finger, and that the same engine (or even a more robust version) is on iOS.

edited June 2016