AppleInsider podcast dives into Apple's WWDC 2016 keynote

Posted:
in General Discussion edited June 2016
In this special episode of the AppleInsider podcast, Dan Dilger joins us live from San Francisco with a hot take on the products, services and initiatives unveiled during Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference keynote on Monday.

AppleInsider editors Dan Dilger and Mikey Campbell talk:

• Messages in iOS 10 and macOS Sierra
  • Cross-platform Siri integration and enhancements
  • Apple's artificial intelligence ambitions
  • Apple File System builds on HFS+
  • Improvements coming in watchOS 3

The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.

Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:

The show is also available on Stitcher Radio.

Show note links:

Follow our hosts on Twitter: @danieleran and @mikeycampbell81.

Feedback and comments are always appreciated. Please contact the AppleInsider podcast at [email protected] and follow us on Twitter @appleinsider, plus Facebook and Instagram.

Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I used to get so excited about WWDC, but so many of yesterday's announcements seem like promises for the future, like the Apple car, which I don't think we'll ever see, instead of tangible things I could use right now, like a new MacBook Pro. 

• Reply 2 of 4
    73dray73dray Posts: 12member
    What puzzles me are all the cross device capabilities, while still selling out dated Mac computers that offer no compelling reason to either upgrade, or purchase one for the first time. Too much focus on high margin products like the watch. For example, why couldn't my phone also unlock my Mac. Is it because Apple is trying to push us all into buying their watches?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Eventually your finger will unlock your Mac using touch technology. 
  • Reply 4 of 4
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,063member
    My initial reaction from the keynote was "all this is for rich people." HomeKit for new homes, buy a buttload of music you listen to once, make a restaurant reservation, call a car, buy 10 tickets to see a movie, pay in advance...who has money for this? Rich people.