Chinese bureau finds Apple copying smartphone patents with iPhone 6 design

Comments

• Reply 21 of 53
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member
    This smartphone copied the design of Meizu M9. Maize is famous for copying iPhone designs since 2010.  The Android smartphones began selling in 2010 after Google successfully reengineered most features of iOS in Android OS.  
    ronnjbdragon
  • Reply 22 of 53
    genovellegenovelle Posts: 1,480member
    snailer said:
    That white 100+ looks exactly like my iPhone 3G did in 2009.
    That's what I was saying
    ronnmelodyof1974jbdragon
  • Reply 23 of 53
    This is outrageous.  Meizu has been making iPhone lookalikes since 2010. 
    jbdragon
  • Reply 24 of 53
    Apple copying the Chinese Lol? Ha! They're the biggest counterfeiters in the modern world. Yeah right.
    ronnjbdragon
  • Reply 25 of 53
    Move all manufacturing out of China and into India.

Let's start flexing our muscles and stop getting pushed around for some BS reasons.

Chinese IP Properties = Oxymoron 
    Do you mean we should Make America Great Again?(TM)  Stand up to the Chinese?  Make America first?  And other vague sayings that don't really solve any problems?

singularitythepixeldoc
  • Reply 26 of 53
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    When countries don't have a consistent rule of law, business eventually relocates. China may be a large market but there is a point where it does not become profitable to have a presence within the country. 
  • Reply 27 of 53
    Apple copying the Chinese Lol? Ha! They're the biggest counterfeiters in the modern world. Yeah right.
    It is not copying.  It is violating the patent according to the Chinese company.  This is the potential danger faced by Apple.  Because there are hundreds of companies making Google Android smartphones in the world.  Each one using a different design.  This will greatly diminishes the choice Apple designers has.  
  • Reply 28 of 53
    joshajosha Posts: 901member
    igorsky said:
    Hi, we're China...we make rules up as we go along!
    Where to? Where has has the capability and capacity to replicate the manufacturing?
    First of all Foxconn is already starting the process of replacing people with manufacturing robots, so this concept of "capability and capacity" in China will shortly become overrated and outdated. Second, India is very close to becoming the next China as far as capability and capacity.
    This is just a local insider legal activity to get some easy money from Apple.
    Yes, Apple should move some manufacturing from China. Apple is far too dependent on China.
    But why India if robots are soon to be used?   Why not back in the USA, where the legal games are more known.

• Reply 29 of 53
    marrtyymarrtyy Posts: 8member
    The irony in all this is that the Chinese steal everything from the West. Now they are suing Apple for something they probably stole from Apple to begin with.  Apple should realize that they not only have to worry about "patent trolls" but now they have to worry about "country trolls" ie China, India, the EU. The safest and least expensive place to do business might be the US. Come Home.
    redraider11jbdragon
  • Reply 30 of 53
    metrixmetrix Posts: 256member
    This may make me buy the PowerMac just because it is assembled in the US. I think Apple needs to transition out of China as much as possible. The PowerMac is a good start. It won't happen overnight and for gosh sakes don't manufacture in CA, too many restrictions. 
  • Reply 31 of 53
    Oh this is rich.  China hasn't done anything innovative since the invention of paper and gunpowder.  Full disclosure: I am ethnic Han Chinese.
    stompycaccamuccajbdragon
  • Reply 32 of 53
    tundraboytundraboy Posts: 1,885member
    Amway had to revise their very lenient satisfaction guarantee in China when people started coming up to their outlets with sackfuls of empty Amway products demanding a refund because they were "not satisfied with the product".  [So unsatisfied that they consumed sackfuls of it.]

This is how shameless and brazen some people are in that country.  Which is really surprising considering how important "loss of face" is in that part of the world.  So I could easily see a judge just passing a verdict that is so obviously cooked.

There seems to be something about communism that just obliterates a culture's notions of shame, ethics and morality.  Well, Mao and Stalin did tell their people that ratting on your parents in 'defense' of the party is an honorable thing.   Athletes all over the world cheat and try to get away with perf enhancing drugs, but China and Russia have state-run cheating programs.
    edited June 2016 jbdragon
  • Reply 33 of 53
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    leighr said:
    Since when did China have copyright laws?
    I think it is in their constitution:  "thou hast the right to copy everything."
    https://qualityinspection.org/china-factories-intellectual-property/
  • Reply 34 of 53
    tundraboytundraboy Posts: 1,885member
    igorsky said:
     India is very close to becoming the next China as far as capability and capacity.
    Dream on.  I have a relative who works for a multinational and flies to India and China regularly for business.  He says that India is like entrepreneur's hell on earth due to the red tape, capricious regulations by local empire-building politicians and bureaucrats, and just general public administrative incompetence.  There are pockets of international competitiveness mostly in software outsourcing but he doesn't see India becoming a world-class center for manufacturing operations that involve complex supply chains.

His standard line is go to India, try to navigate the local public transportation system on your own, and based on your experience try to assess how anyone can run a world-class complex supply chain operation there.
    edited June 2016 SpamSandwich
  • Reply 35 of 53
    lukeilukei Posts: 379member
    tundraboy said:
    igorsky said:
     India is very close to becoming the next China as far as capability and capacity.
    Dream on.  I have a relative who works for a multinational and flies to India and China regularly for business.  He says that India is like entrepreneur's hell on earth due to the red tape, capricious regulations by local empire-building politicians and bureaucrats, and just general public administrative incompetence.  There are pockets of international competitiveness mostly in software outsourcing but he doesn't see India becoming a world-class center for manufacturing operations that involve complex supply chains.

His standard line is go to India, try to navigate the local public transportation system on your own, and based on your experience try to assess how anyone can run a world-class complex supply chain operation there.
    India is so far from where China is at. A massive massive chasm, at least 10 years behind and possibly a lot lot more. 
  • Reply 36 of 53
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    This is rich. The 100C is a copy of an earlier iPhone. 
    Picklesjbdragon
  • Reply 37 of 53
    FatmanFatman Posts: 513member
    Lie, cheat, steal, copy, snoop - a corrupt country that disregards rules, laws and even the lives of their own citizens. Shameful. 
    caccamucca
  • Reply 38 of 53
    marrtyy said:
    The irony in all this is that the Chinese steal everything from the West. Now they are suing Apple for something they probably stole from Apple to begin with.  Apple should realize that they not only have to worry about "patent trolls" but now they have to worry about "country trolls" ie China, India, the EU. The safest and least expensive place to do business might be the US. Come Home.
    I know a empty garage in Palo Alto...
  • Reply 39 of 53
    netroxnetrox Posts: 1,422member
    snailer said:
    That white 100+ looks exactly like my iPhone 3G did in 2009.
    My thoughts exactly - it looks like it was infringing Apple's iPhone 3G.
    jbdragon
  • Reply 40 of 53
    hexclockhexclock Posts: 1,257member
    metrix said:
    This may make me buy the PowerMac just because it is assembled in the US. I think Apple needs to transition out of China as much as possible. The PowerMac is a good start. It won't happen overnight and for gosh sakes don't manufacture in CA, too many restrictions. 
    PowerMac? You can buy my old PowerMac G5 made in 2003. I think you mean Mac Pro. 
    edited June 2016