Updated ambient light, proximity sensors in 'iPhone 7' prohibit use of legacy cases

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25

This is a concession for the 3rd party case makers!

/s

• Reply 22 of 25
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    That tells me the display will probably be true tone, like the pros, so that would be a substantial improvement.
    Wouldn't be surprised if the digitizer of the pros also makes it at least in the bigger one.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    StwertStwert Posts: 8member
    aylk said:
    Screen protectors.
    Who reuses screen protectors?

I just registered to say this exact thing as it struck me as, well, odd to say the least. 

Incidentally, hello, new to the forums but I've been an AppleInsider reader for about as long as the site has existed. 
    patchythepiratenolamacguy
  • Reply 24 of 25
    StwertStwert Posts: 8member
    lkrupp said:
    mac_128 said:
    Ha -- so the rumor is no major substantive upgrade, AND the customer still has to replace all of their accessories? Even my SE can use all of my 5s accessories.
    i knew it, I knew it, I knew it! Somebody would bitch about this. That’s ALL that ever happens around here anymore. Nothing but bitching, disappointment, sadness, disgruntlement, and depression. Just do yourselves a favor and move to Android. You’ll be much happier.

I must be in the minority of people looking forward to the next, and the next and the next..... iPhone, regardless of design or anything else, it's still going to be an improvement on the previous model. New tech is always awesome, especially when it's got an Apple badge on it ;)
    patchythepiratenolamacguy
  • Reply 25 of 25
    Stwert said:
    Who reuses screen protectors?

I just registered to say this exact thing as it struck me as, well, odd to say the least. 

Incidentally, hello, new to the forums but I've been an AppleInsider reader for about as long as the site has existed. 

Hello! Enjoy your stay. Don't feed the trolls!!