Nancy Pelosi expresses disappointment over Tim Cook's GOP fundraiser

Comments

• Reply 41 of 68
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,348member
    Elizabeth Warren has one hell of a nerve saying that she is a reformer, especially of Wall Street and Big Banking!   Where in the hell was her big mouth in 2008 when she could have introduced legislation to disjoin the big banks from security firms, the elimination of sub-prime mortgage bundling and creation of a stronger SEC??????
    You are notably unaware that Elizabeth Warren was not elected to the Senate until 2012.

You might want to start with her wiki just to familiarize yourself with her experience previous to her election to Senator.

mknelsoncrowley
  • Reply 42 of 68
    thewhitefalcon said:
    I mean, I think Nancy's 'intelligence' speaks for itself. Must be all the Botox.

Yeah, she must be really stupid.

• Reply 43 of 68
    More and more blindly ambitious and stupid people are entering and staying in politics.  Pelosi and Feubstein are only two notes examples, yet both parties are full of career and self-serving people.   We need term limits and pension reforms ASAP.  

Another thing- how about letting the citizens vote on important referendums like they do in Great Britain.  Representative democracy is non-representative, it has turned out to be a shame in which the New Eepybluc has less democracy than its Parliamentary Colonisl masters.  
  • Reply 44 of 68
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,376member
    wizard69 said:
    apple ][ said:

I don't really believe in a heaven or hell, but if they do exist, then I'm pretty sure that I know which direction the majority of politicians are heading.
    So True. This is one of the reasons I think Trump can do something different due to his non politician background. However for any new president to do anything constructive congress has to be put on notice.
    Trump is as much a politician as any Washington insider or professional office holder. The fact that he can arbitrarily jump between any of the established parties, selectively change his positions, opinions, affiliations, and recollection of facts at will and in haphazard fashion in no way diminishes his core characteristics as a fervent politician. Being a politician is a behavioral trait and not based on membership in a party. In fact, Trump is a member of the Trump Party and is glomming on to the Republican Party because it's too weak, inept, and lost in its own bowels to protect itself from a parasitic infection. 
  • Reply 45 of 68
    • “Every month that we do not have an economic recovery package 500 million Americans lose their jobs.”
    • “But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it.”
    • “It’s almost a false argument to say we have a spending problem.”
    • “I believe in natural gas as a clean, cheap alternative to fossil fuels.”
    • “Unemployment benefits are creating jobs faster than practically any other program.”

I mean, I think Nancy's 'intelligence' speaks for itself. Must be all the Botox.

"The economic crisis snuck up on us on little cat's feet"
  • Reply 46 of 68
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member
    The fact is that it would have made far more sense for Apple to contribute to the Republican fund raiser (many corporations donate to both sides) than for Tim to do so personally, if only because of the issue that most Republicans were and are opposed to gay marriage and gay rights.    I actually find Tim personally donating to this fundraiser kind of shocking.   I saw it in a Facebook post yesterday and I thought the poster was insane.   Luckily, I didn't comment.     Even though Republicans are considered to be "business friendly", I don't see much in the way of Republican policies that truly help this country (except for the 1%). 

Supporters seem to conveniently forget that the financial crisis and the Iraq war started under Bush II, although Mr. Bush is also looking mighty good as compared to a Trump.  

Ryan may seem "normal" compared to Trump, but he's still way out there.   And Pelosi, whether "good" or "bad" isn't running for President.  
  • Reply 47 of 68
    stevehsteveh Posts: 480member
    thewhitefalcon said:

Yeah, she must be really stupid.
    You misspelled "evil".

She does seem to have a problem with parts of the Bill of Rights, for starters. And not just recently, either.

Glad I'm no longer in her district. Finally.
    apple ][tallest skilmetalcase
  • Reply 48 of 68
    stevehsteveh Posts: 480member
    More and more blindly ambitious and stupid people are entering and staying in politics.
    Where in the world have you been for the past, oh, five thousand years?
  • Reply 49 of 68
    Tim cook must be one of those log cabin Republicans. kind of like a jew joining the nazi party because he likes what they stand for in regards to business policy, but looks the other way when comes to social issues that involve discrimination again gays. As Steve Jobs told Obama Apple will never bring jobs back to the US. That's the Republican way screw the little guy.
    And as a Log Cabin Republican, Cook might be able to influence their social agenda. 

I disagree about jobs. Apple has created millions of high-paying, engineering and developer jobs. The outsourced assembly jobs are a decimal point compared to the wages earned around, and in, the Apple economy.
  • Reply 50 of 68
    ron1701ron1701 Posts: 24member
    Looks like Pochahontas's attack on Apple yesterday was payback for getting to cozy with Republicans 
    tallest skil
  • Reply 51 of 68
    buzdotsbuzdots Posts: 452member
    Gosh, she should move on.

She's way past her sell-by date. 
    No, she's way past her use-by date.
  • Reply 52 of 68
    zoetmb said:
    The fact is that it would have made far more sense for Apple to contribute to the Republican fund raiser (many corporations donate to both sides) than for Tim to do so personally, if only because of the issue that most Republicans were and are opposed to gay marriage and gay rights.    I actually find Tim personally donating to this fundraiser kind of shocking.   I saw it in a Facebook post yesterday and I thought the poster was insane.   Luckily, I didn't comment.     Even though Republicans are considered to be "business friendly", I don't see much in the way of Republican policies that truly help this country (except for the 1%). 

Supporters seem to conveniently forget that the financial crisis and the Iraq war started under Bush II, although Mr. Bush is also looking mighty good as compared to a Trump.  

Ryan may seem "normal" compared to Trump, but he's still way out there.   And Pelosi, whether "good" or "bad" isn't running for President.  
    Some Republicans are against gay marriage, just like Obama and Clinton were a few years ago.  Most Democrats are in favor of importing as much Islam as possible, a political ideology that includes a mandate from God/Allah to overthrow governments and kill gay people.  Pick your poison.

As for "gay right", there is no such thing.  All rights are universal.
    metalcase
  • Reply 53 of 68
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    ireland said:
    The only way to get money out of politics is to legally limit individual donations to any candidate or campaign and to not allow companies to donate at all.
    Which does absolutely nothing, since they'll just divvy up the same amount of contributions under different names.
  • Reply 54 of 68
    lowededwookielowededwookie Posts: 1,143member
    What the hell is GOP for those of us not American?
  • Reply 55 of 68
    All rights are universal.
    Patently false. No one has the right to enter any country they please. No one has the right to vote wherever they please.

It really just depends on the definition of what we're considering s 'right'. 

And why the hell does iOS leave a standalone 's' when I mean to hit 'a'? It doesn't correct it. This is a fresh set of autocorrect definitions and it still does this.
  • Reply 56 of 68
    GymkhanaGymkhana Posts: 45member
    lkrupp said:
    apple ][ said:
    Wow, somehow I must've missed that gem coming from her.

She must be related to Barack "You didn't build that!" Hussein Obama!

Spoken like true fascists.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2016/06/10/nancy-pelosi-apple-iphone-steve-jobs-federal-research/

Listen to the shit come out of her lunatic fringe left mouth.
    Get your head out of Fox "News", you far right lunatic fringe.
  • Reply 57 of 68

lkrupp said:
    Gymkhana said:
    Clearly Timmy is playing the return-favor game with Ryan, as Ryan and his buddies have likely given favor to Timmy and his offshoring of capital, among possibly other corporate and legislative favors.  As for all the Pelosi bashing, turn off Fox "News" for your "facts".  Pelosi actually presided over one of the most prolific and effective House legislative periods in US hhistory.  Compare that to the current joke of a Congress.
    How’s the weather on planet Democrat Prime? You know, the planet that’s in a galaxy far, far, away.
    I'm amazed that so many Fox News, Limbaugh, Hannity, Jones zombies troll the AI website.  Just because you hear the propaganda from all your favorite media celebrities doesn't mean it's true.  Right out of Goebbels' playbook:  "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it".  Just like Hillary caused the Benghazi attack and murder of the embassy folks, right?  You people are something else.
  • Reply 58 of 68
    And funny, since my original post, asking for examples of anyone who had "done it on their own", just personal attacks, name calling, and no examples.  Nice job, right wing trolls, you met all expectations. 
  • Reply 59 of 68
    Gymkhana said:
    Get your head out of Fox "News", you far right lunatic fringe.
    If you think Fox is “far right”, then you’re insane or have been coddled too hard.

Gymkhana said:
    Just because you hear the propaganda from all your favorite media celebrities doesn't mean it's true.
    Irony
    If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it
    Diversity is our strength!
    Borders are antiquated!
    Currency doesn’t need to have money backing it!
    We live in a rape culture!
    Women are oppressed!
    Just like Hillary caused the Benghazi attack and murder of the embassy folks, right?
    Cute strawman. She was culpable, as has been proven.
    edited June 2016
  • Reply 60 of 68
    buzdotsbuzdots Posts: 452member
    Gymkhana said:

lkrupp said:
    How’s the weather on planet Democrat Prime? You know, the planet that’s in a galaxy far, far, away.
    I'm amazed that so many Fox News, Limbaugh, Hannity, Jones zombies troll the AI website.  Just because you hear the propaganda from all your favorite media celebrities doesn't mean it's true.  Right out of Goebbels' playbook:  "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it".  Just like Hillary caused the Benghazi attack and murder of the embassy folks, right?  You people are something else.

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman..."

“I remember landing under sniper fire..."

"I was named after Sir Edmund Hillary."

“Here is a guarantee that I’ve made. If you have insurance that you like, then you will be able to keep that insurance."

“If you’ve got a doctor that you like, you will be able to keep your doctor"

“The Fast and Furious program was a field-initiated program begun under the previous administration."

“We reject sweeping claims of ‘inherent’ presidential power.”

Ok, I digress...

tallest skil