Apple issues fifth betas of iOS 9.3.3, OS X 10.11.6 & tvOS 9.2.2 to developers, public testers

Posted:
in iPhone edited July 2016
Just a week after the fourth betas arrived, Apple has provided both developers and public testers with fifth pre-release betas of iOS 9.3.3 and OS X El Capitan 10.11.6, forthcoming maintenance and security updates.

The fourth betas for both OS X and iOS arrived last Wednesday, and the third betas arrived just eight days before that. The increasing frequency of release suggests a final public release could be soon approaching.

The update also arrives one day after developers were supplied with the second beta of iOS 10. A public beta for iOS 10 is scheduled to begin later this month, ahead of the software's fall release, likely in late September.

A fifth beta of tvOS 9.2.2 was also supplied to developers on Wednesday. The Apple TV operating system is not included in Apple's public beta program.

Updates for both iOS 9.3.3 beta 5 and iOS 10 beta 2, as well as OS X 10.11.6 and tvOS 9.2.2, are available at the Apple Developer Center, and also over the air for properly configured devices. Given the point-zero-one release numbers, it is expected that iOS 9.3.3, OS X 10.11.6 and tvOS 9.2.2 will be be a minor updates, addressing security issues and squashing bugs.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    In my mac it showed "OS X 10.11.6 beta 4" again...

• Reply 2 of 3
    Well, on mine it shows as Public Beta 5. The version number of mine is 15G26a. What about yours?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    My iOS-Device doesn't let me download & install the beta profile from Apple. ("Unknown error")

Any help?