Pro mouse sucks ..

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    [quote]I guess that God doesn't want anything good for me. You can see it with everything....from school, computers, my girl.....like I'm not supposed to have anything good in my life. It's always taken away from me.<hr></blockquote>

Sorry, can?t help you out with the ?God is out to get me? stuff. You might want to check out <a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=12&SUBMIT=Go"; target="_blank">Fireside Chat</a>.

[quote]The keyboard broke earlier when Idid not even drink or eat anywhere NEAR the thing. Just stopped working. Keys wouldn't type, everything. I was blamed and shouted at for it. Had to go buy a new one. <hr></blockquote>

You bought a new one when your original was covered under warranty? Silly boy.

[quote]Also, I have an IRC chat client for X I d/l'ed called BitchX, so when my mom turns on the machine tomorrow morning she's going to see that and say "What is this you're putting on the computer?". If I could move the mouse I'd dump the file or hide it. But alas, can't do it can I?<hr></blockquote>

*sigh*

[quote]For once I'd like things to go right for me.<hr></blockquote>

Sounds like more than a mouse problem Tiger, sorry?

[quote]Exactly how can I have them replace it or anything? Apple's never helped us out before.<hr></blockquote>

Yeah, you?re right. I wouldn?t even bother if I was you.

[quote]I don't buy Apple warranties with my machines, so how am I going to be helped by them? "oh, you dont have a warranty....sorry beeyatch? <hr></blockquote>

Well, I doubt your dual GHz PowerMac is more than a year old. So yes, it IS covered by warranty. I know no one wants you to be happy or have good things, but give it a shot.

[ 08-12-2002: Message edited by: murbot ]</p>
  • Reply 22 of 26
    sebseb Posts: 676member
    I already told you, go to an AASP, that's an Apple Authorized Service Provider. Just look in the Yellow Pages under computer repair and find a place with a big Apple logo and AASP in it. They should replace it on the spot.

I wouldn't go in their with a bone to pick though. It's not like it's their fault it broke so if you go in there bitching and moaning they'll just perceive you as being rude. They'll still replace the mouse - but why be rude?

And you can manually dump the file using the keyboard. Restart you computer and use the arrow keys and keyboard shortcuts to move around the finder and delete the damn program.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    Here's the problem, Tiger.

You come in here with problems, people try to help, they suggest avenues to pursue.

You disregard every shred of information that they offer, and continue to whine and bitch.

Take seb, for instance, who mentioned that you should take your mouse to an AASP and have them replace it. Did you even bother to read the replies that people made?

The funny thing is, this has been your MO around here every time there's been some problem... OS X crashing, problems with your AIM accounts, etc. I'm tired (and no doubt, the people who invest time in helping you are frustrated) with the fact that you don't listen to what they say. It's just

Either take the suggestions that people give, or don't post. AI is not your shrink- we're not here to hear you whine about your problems.

With that, seeing as you say that your PowerMac is less than a year old, it's still under warranty, and therefore, so is your mouse and your keyboard. Might want to try calling Apple... you know, they can provide a whole lot more help in this situation than we can.

So, in short, we're not here to hear about how god hates you because your powermac freezes. Problems like this are much more easily solved than you make them.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    [quote]I wish everything weren't doned on me, as "my fault". I'm tired of it. I not only deal with it from here, but at home as well. For once I'd like things to go right for me.<hr></blockquote>

i hayt my house too. thats why i made sure to go away for college. and, by next summer, i'll have an apartment, so i wont ever have to go to see that bitch of a mother again.

as for the mouse, it seems like u just got a dud. get it replaced. the pro mice are awesome (or, at least the one i got is). and there is a way in osx to signal a menu click w/o the mouse. i think its option-f2 or something. then u can use the arrows to go and hide bitchx.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    oh, i almost forgot to lock this...

almost...

tiger, apple doesn't hate you, nor does god. call them, get a new one airborned to you, stop whining.

Get those parents of yours to buy you a shrink.