Apple debuts pair of new 'Shot on iPhone' ads with backyard wildlife focus

Posted:
in iPhone edited July 2016
Apple on Monday made available two new advertisements from its award-winning "Shot on iPhone" campaign, highlighting nature and the iPhone camera's zoom feature.

The first video, simply titled "Shot on iPhone by Tim W" was shot in Tel Aviv, Israel, and is a close up video of an ant carrying a leaf fragment across a sand pile. The video is set to "Work" by Charlotte Day Wilson.

The second advertisement, similarly called "Shot on iPhone by Linda H" was filmed in Greater Sudbury, Ontario, Canada, and is a slow-motion close-up of a chipmunk trying to break into a peanut. The backing Track is "Season 2 (Episode 3)" by Glass Animals.

As is normal for the "Shot on iPhone" advertising campaign, each 15-second clip has been filmed by actual users of the iPhone, and has an accompanying soundtrack pulled from Apple Music. Spots from the multi-pronged campaign have shown up on TV, on huge billboards and around the web, each highlighting iPhone's ability to capture stunning images without special tools or software.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    Macro shots with no special tools? Hmm...
  • Reply 2 of 3
    yoyo2222yoyo2222 Posts: 144member
    dysamoria said:
    Macro shots with no special tools? Hmm...
    No tools needed. I'm guessing you don't have an iPhone. I can get clear focus using my 6s from about 2 1/2 inches away.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    It looks like that chipmunk is trying to shove the peanut into his cheek pouch and not "break into" it.  

They can break into a peanut faster then I can stomp on one.  This little guy looks like he's already got one in there actually and is angling another to fit in there...