Latest Apple diversity report claims US pay equity, modest changes in gender & race

Comments

• Reply 41 of 64
    knowitallknowitall Posts: 1,648member
    Making race differences a job requirement is the very definition of racism; not including population statistics is insane.
    tallest skil
  • Reply 42 of 64
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    singularity said:
    Can you not write a response without swearing?
    Fuck.
    Is your vocabulary so limited that you believe swearing increases the importance of what you believe?
    I’m still not seeing an argument.
  • Reply 43 of 64
    singularitysingularity Posts: 1,328member
    singularity said:
    Can you not write a response without swearing?
    Fuck.
    I’m still not seeing an argument.
    no one can argue against you, your posting history has shown this.
    enjoy the cesspit of your mind.
    dasanman69roundaboutnowsplif
  • Reply 44 of 64
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Whiners gonna whine.
  • Reply 45 of 64
    no one can argue against you
    Thanks, but I certainly wouldn’t say I’m always right.
    enjoy the cesspit of your mind.
    Enjoy proving all of my statements correct.
  • Reply 46 of 64
    no one can argue against you
    Thanks, but I certainly wouldn’t say I’m always right.
    Enjoy proving all of my statements correct.
    funny most of your "arguments" on diversity and equality are peppered with statements that you are right and you refuse to acknowledge any validity in any other viewpoint.
    It could be because you deliberately narrow the definitions to suit your own viewpoint or.... well who knows.
    All I can say is that you have a problem with the concept of equality. I just dont know why you feel so threatened by it, that brings out the bilge you spout. 
    accept my profound sympathies.
    crowley
  • Reply 47 of 64
    funny most of your "arguments" on diversity and equality are peppered with statements that you are right
    Almost as though I am and you have absolutely no refutation for anything that I posted or something…

Gee, like that? Maybe I’m waiting for an actual reply and not just leftist sophistry.
    you refuse to acknowledge any validity in any other viewpoint.
    ACTUALLY HAVE ONE, THEN. Post literally anything. I will either concede to it or show you WHY it has no validity.
    It could be because you deliberately narrow the definitions to suit your own viewpoint or.... well who knows.
    Egalitarianism is a false god. If I can prove your wrong statements wrong, you can prove my wrong statements wrong. Explain what is wrong with what I have said.
    All I can say is that you have a problem with the concept of equality.
    So did literally everyone intelligent through the whole of human history.
    I just dont know why you feel so threatened by it
    It leads to genocide at worst and social/economic/technological stagnation at best.
    edited August 2016
  • Reply 48 of 64
    funny most of your "arguments" on diversity and equality are peppered with statements that you are right
    Almost as though I am and you have absolutely no refutation for anything that I posted or something…

Gee, like that? Maybe I’m waiting for an actual reply and not just leftist sophistry.
    ACTUALLY HAVE ONE, THEN. Post literally anything. I will either concede to it or show you WHY it has no validity.
    Egalitarianism is a false god. If I can prove your wrong statements wrong, you can prove my wrong statements wrong. Explain what is wrong with what I have said.
    So did literally everyone intelligent through the whole of human history.
    It leads to genocide at worst and social/economic/technological stagnation at best.
    Equality leads to genocide? 
    If you believe that then there is no hope for you.
    crowley
  • Reply 49 of 64
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    @singularity you seem like a smart and reasonable guy/gal, please stop wasting your time on this hopeless conversation, you'll be a lot happier for it.  Despite his words he doesn't want a debate on any counter point, he'll either rant or disappear, it's all he does.

On an entirely selfish note, you're making my Ignore settings moot since I see all of TSs posts because you're quoting them.  Please consider making use of your own Ignore settings. 
    singularitypbrstreetg
  • Reply 50 of 64
    singularity said:
    If you believe that then there is no hope for you.
    Yet another “lol you’re wrong and dumb because i say so lol” post. And you wonder why I demand something of more substance.
    crowley said:
    Despite his words he doesn't want a debate on any counter point, he'll either rant or disappear, it's all he does.
    Have an argument.
    edited August 2016
  • Reply 51 of 64
    Please explain why equality leads to genocide?

From wiki about egalitarianism " all people should be treated as equals and have the same political,economicsocial, and civil rights"
    Sounds great to me, if you're going to worship a false God then I'm in.
  • Reply 52 of 64

Forgotten the USSR already? Well, at least commie China–which is executing people because they practice a form of yoga the state doesn’t like–still exists as a refresher.

The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.
    – Aristotle

Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they will not be equal, and if they are equal, then they are not free.
    – Alexander Solzhenitsyn
    Sounds great to me, if you're going to worship a false God then I'm in.
    And that’s why you’re not worth much to anyone.
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 53 of 64
    USSR and China don't practice equality. So examples not valid.
    Also you have decided equality in this sense to mean everyone is the same. You seem to want the status quo of yesterday to be same for ever. 
    If I'm gay no equality of inheritance.
    If I'm female no equality of pay
    Etc.

As for my worth, I may be worth the world to someone. I may be worthless to another. 
    Such is the world, but I would like to live in a world where someone's worth isn't dismissed just because they don't fit into viewpoints such as yours.

My last word on this thread 

dasanman69thepixeldoc
  • Reply 54 of 64
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member

Forgotten the USSR already? Well, at least commie China–which is executing people because they practice a form of yoga the state doesn’t like–still exists as a refresher.

The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.
    – Aristotle

Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they will not be equal, and if they are equal, then they are not free.
    – Alexander SolzhenitsynAnd that’s why you’re not worth much to anyone.
    By what basis of measurement is are we using to determine equality/inequality? You might argue that a Chief is more equal than his Indians, but a Chief cannot be Chief without Indians whereas Indians can be Indians without a Chief, so who's really more equal? 
  • Reply 55 of 64
    Holy shit, this is what passes for an ‘argument’ from you, is it? Do you even know what communism is?
    Also you have decided equality in this sense to mean everyone is the same.
    Nope. The left has decided that. There are three meaningful forms of equality: physical, mental, legal. The left pretends that everyone is identical in the former two but explicitly denies people the latter. The truth is the opposite: we are not equal physically or mentally but must, by necessity, be treated equally by the law. This allows the exceptional to succeed and the inferior to be cared for.
    You seem to want the status quo of yesterday to be same for ever. 
    I seem to want law to be dictated by fact.
    Etc.
    Yes, keep making things up. That has always worked in the past.
    I would like to live in a world where someone’s worth isn’t dismissed just because they don’t fit into viewpoints…
    So you want to live in a world where your own statements are dismissed, because that’s exactly what you and the crow have done to me. By your own behavior, you’re the bigots against which you rail so hard.
    more equal? 
    Been reading Orwell, have you? :tongue: We’re not equal. That’s the point.

Equality is a rather perverse thought, like leveling mountains and filling canyons. In human terms, an active war against the exceptional by the average. 
    – Harold Arthur McNeill
    edited August 2016
  • Reply 56 of 64
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Also you have decided equality in this sense to mean everyone is the same. You seem to want the status quo of yesterday to be same for ever. 
    Etc.

As for my worth, I may be worth the world to someone. I may be worthless to another. 
    Such is the world, but I would like to live in a world where someone's worth isn't dismissed just because they don't fit into viewpoints such as yours.

My last word on this thread 

Women and men are biologically unequal (men cannot simply choose to get pregnant) and that biological difference is the reason why there is a difference in pay. It is not due sexism or whatever. If "unequal pay for equal work" actually existed, it would make economic sense for businesses to ONLY hire women!

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2073804
    edited August 2016 tallest skil
  • Reply 57 of 64
    Holy shit, this is what passes for an ‘argument’ from you, is it? Do you even know what communism is?
    Nope. The left has decided that. There are three meaningful forms of equality: physical, mental, legal. The left pretends that everyone is identical in the former two but explicitly denies people the latter. The truth is the opposite: we are not equal physically or mentally but must, by necessity, be treated equally by the law. This allows the exceptional to succeed and the inferior to be cared for.
    I seem to want law to be dictated by fact.
    Yes, keep making things up. That has always worked in the past.
    So you want to live in a world where your own statements are dismissed, because that’s exactly what you and the crow have done to me. By your own behavior, you’re the bigots against which you rail so hard.
    Been reading Orwell, have you? :tongue: We’re not equal. That’s the point.

Equality is a rather perverse thought, like leveling mountains and filling canyons. In human terms, an active war against the exceptional by the average. – Harold Arthur McNeill
    Who decides who's exceptional, and who's average? 
  • Reply 58 of 64
    Objectivity. It’s not a matter of opinion or preference.
  • Reply 59 of 64
    Objectivity. It’s not a matter of opinion or preference.
    It's always a matter of objectivity. Whites opined that blacks were inferior to them thus they enslaved them. 
    singularity
  • Reply 60 of 64
    dasanman69 said:
    Whites opined
    And there you go; it’s a matter of preference/belief/subjectivity. Objectivity requires science.