Apple CEO Tim Cook says future products will be 'in every part of your life that we can'

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    cali said:
    The person who said Apple isn't doing enough for the world obviously knows nothing about Apple.

They're doing better things than providing wifi to empty forests.

From solar farms that don't disturb wild life, creating recycling robots, auditing 3rd party manufacturers for humane work environments and conserving a 36,000 acre forest.

Why not ask what other companies are doing or yet, what are YOU doing exactly?
    That 36,000 acre forest is to be commercially logged in order to provide pulp for making packaging for Apple products.  The forest will be re-planted but that doesn't count as 'conserving' in my book.  Sustainable forestry is preferable to unsustainable, so I certainly approve of that and commend it, but it is not conservation.  If Apple had purchased a vast tract of old growth native forest to save it from development and exploitation and then purchased commercially grown hemp for their packaging needs, I would be at the front of the queue cheering.

• Reply 42 of 44
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    cnocbui said:
    cali said:
    The person who said Apple isn't doing enough for the world obviously knows nothing about Apple.

They're doing better things than providing wifi to empty forests.

From solar farms that don't disturb wild life, creating recycling robots, auditing 3rd party manufacturers for humane work environments and conserving a 36,000 acre forest.

Why not ask what other companies are doing or yet, what are YOU doing exactly?
    That 36,000 acre forest is to be commercially logged in order to provide pulp for making packaging for Apple products.  The forest will be re-planted but that doesn't count as 'conserving' in my book.  Sustainable forestry is preferable to unsustainable, so I certainly approve of that and commend it, but it is not conservation.  If Apple had purchased a vast tract of old growth native forest to save it from development and exploitation and then purchased commercially grown hemp for their packaging needs, I would be at the front of the queue cheering.

get educated -- over 99% of apple's packaging is recycled or sustainable forestry:

"Over 99 percent of the paper in our packaging is recycled or sustainable. That’s almost good enough.

We want to make sure we’re protecting and creating more sustainable forest than we’re using. It’s part of our larger goal to minimize the materials we take from the earth. We’re measuring our water footprint and finding ways to reduce or reuse water wherever we can."

http://www.apple.com/environment/

...pathetic attempt at trolling. did you not get the updated FUD sheets? they should have been enclosed in the red folder under your seat at the last Hater-con. 
    edited August 2016 patchythepirate
  • Reply 43 of 44
    Rayz2016 said:

So let me guess this straight. 

Even though Apple has never hidden the fact that the Mac Pro has no internal drive bays or USB ports on the front, has produced a tonne of literature on its specs and what video cards it uses, you went ahead and bought it anyway, knowing full well that it was unsuitable for your needs?

And then you tell people 'Don't settle just because it has an Apple logo'?

Priceless.

Seriously.
    :rolleyes:

No. My point, which I explained in considerable depth using three examples, is that recent Apple products suffer from a lack of attention.

You picked one small section of one of those examples in an effort to say it's my fault.

Poorly executed. Just like the machine.
  • Reply 44 of 44
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    cnocbui said:
    The forest will be re-planted but that doesn't count as 'conserving' in my book.
    Then you don’t know what it means.

bestkeptsecret