Police hunting for suspects in burglary at Apple Cupertino office

Posted:
in General Discussion
Sheriff's deputies are still scouring San Jose for two suspects thought to have burglarized an Apple office in Cupertino, having already chased down and arrested a third suspect near a Starbucks, according to ongoing reports.

Police spotted the trio trying to break into an Apple building at the corner of Bubb Road and Results Way in Cupertino, said ABC7 News. The company's main headquarters are located elsewhere, namely 1 Infinite Loop.

A car chase led to San Jose, where the suspects ditched their vehicle and fled on foot, resulting in the first capture. Police then set up a perimeter in the city's Cambrian area, going door-to-door to try to locate the remaining two suspects.

Huge perimeter in Cambrian in San Jose in area of Camden & Leigh. SJPD & Sheriff looking for 2 burglary suspects. pic.twitter.com/uXS8ox7xac

-- Matt Keller (@MattKellerABC7)

On Twitter, ABC7 reporter Matt Keller noted that the burglars smashed through a window at the Cupertino office, and that deputies have recovered an unspecified number of laptops.

It's unusual for Apple's corporate offices to be the scene of any crime. Its retail stores are occasionally targeted in robberies, sometimes in dramatic smash-and-grabs made possible by the company's preference for all-glass facades.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    Perhaps they were looking for proof that Apple is building a new :-1:
    - Car
    - Watch
    - Phone
    - HQ
    - MacBook
    - Plane
    - Train
    - Truck

[delete as applicable]

fotoformatdjkfisherDeelron
  • Reply 2 of 13
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    The suspects names are believed to be Mike Rosofte, Sam Sung, and Amy Zahn.
    JanNLgatorguytexdeafycalitopper24hoursanantksundarambestkeptsecretjbdragon
  • Reply 3 of 13
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    Sammy?
  • Reply 4 of 13
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,913member
    Must be funded by Samsung or most probably Chinese to steal Apple's product plan.
    jbdragon
  • Reply 5 of 13
    I'm betting Ballmer is the one they caught, it seems unlikely he'd be able to outrun anyone...
    jbdragon
  • Reply 6 of 13
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Why don't they give the name and picture of the one criminal that has been caught so far?
  • Reply 7 of 13
    apple ][ said:
    Why don't they give the name and picture of the one criminal that has been caught so far?
    Apparently, he was a gang member, according to a local news outlet.

(My apologies: The story has been changed since I last read it).
    edited August 2016
  • Reply 8 of 13
    kevin keekevin kee Posts: 1,289member
    Soli said:
    You forgot Goog the poodle.
    edited August 2016
  • Reply 9 of 13
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    apple ][ said:
    Apparently, he was a gang member, according to a local news outlet.

(My apologies: The story has been changed since I last read it).

If only they'd taken time to edit it into something resembling English.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    kevin kee said:
    Soli said:
    You forgot Goog the poodle.
    No, the getaway car was self driving.
    badmonk
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Soli said:

Sam Sung was the insider. He used to work in Apple Retail.
    edited August 2016 Solibadmonk
  • Reply 12 of 13
    If memory serves me correct that building is used for training Genius' and Creatives (they call them trainers now I think...). At least that's where I was trained. 
  • Reply 13 of 13
    No, Genius training was held at 10101 Bubb Way , or 4 Bubb in Apples naming scheme. The training location is closer to Stevens Creek Blvd., where this burglary was nearer to the Results Way facilities, about half a klick further down Bubb Way near the "other" Caffé Macs.

cheers

dmz