Apple's board chair & general counsel sell over $10M in personal stock

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    crowley said:
    "Levinson is also the CEO of Alphabet's Calico life-extension initiative..."

You'd think Apple might have learned from the Schmidt episode.  
    Levinson has been on the Apple board pretty much since Steve Jobs came back, and took over from his as Chairman. He's been the CEO of Calico for less than three years, and it's a biotech company, with no crossover with anything Apple does, but an area where Art knows a lot from his history with Genentech.

I don't see any conflict of interest.

If Apple gets into biotech or Calico moves into wearable health technology then maybe, but until then you're casting unnecessary doubt.

Calico is looking into using technology to extend lifespans. 

Looking at all the patents coming out of Apple in recent months, I'd say they're doing at exactly the same thing from an early diagnosis point of view. Remember that Cook's obsession with improving health research is because his best friend died of cancer. The Apple watch is a tiny part of this. ResearchKit is the bigger part.

I can certainly see a case where this man would look at Apple's ideas and think, 'You know, maybe we're coming at this from the wrong way.'

And that is exactly what happened with Schmidt and the iPhone.

As for this man selling a small percentage of his Apple shares: clickbait, nothing more. AI has really been scraping the barrel recently.
    edited August 2016
  • Reply 22 of 27
    digitoldigitol Posts: 276member
    I Disagree with most of the things Apple is or isn't doing these days. I highly question Tim Cook. Does the guy even seriously actually use Apple Products? I HIGHLY doubt it. Apple needs to simplify down to a few key projects. Signs of the disarray within apple include the following: Airport Extreme hasn't been updated in more than 3 years. Worse, there is still NO A/C Wireless Extender!!! That's right Airport Express is still 802.11n. Iphoto to photos. Photos app is missing tons of features, and yet supposed take the place of iphoto and the now long discontinued aperuture!? F-That! General Software stability is way down, plenty of bugs nowadays. I must admit, though it does seem like Apple is slowly recovering on some of this. Moving on to hardware: Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, Mini, have all not seen updates or significant changes in YEARS!!!!! Not to mention Apple's new stance on hardware where everything is bonded together making it almost completely non-serviceable (translation, you better max out your specs when you buy it buddy) otherwise you will be left with a obsolete object in less than a year, or as soon as Apple decides to cut you off from the new Free OS X updates. Heh heh. Last another practice I'm finding so unApple like, leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. This scheme of pushing icloud monthly services. The new photos app is geared toward selling you icloud space, the iphone, the ipad,phone,etc. I see the angle, and while it's ok to promote, the way they are doing it sickens me. Here kids, tap this neat little iphoto library button, and all your photos get stored on the cloud....MUhahahahahahahaa suckers!!! now you Pay! But we didn't mention that. Right, so Creating a problem, then selling you the solution goes under dirty in my book. Now that being said. I really do love the company, heck I might even work for them... but seriously I feel most of the above should be addressed. To be fair, like I said earlier I do see some improvement in things at Apple, but dang there needs to be a re-focus going on. Still as bad as this may all sound the competition, is still miles behind. Oh another thing popped into my head: Apple music, Itunes, iTunes Match, Family sharing, yea dive into that complicated mess of producting. :) Ok end rant.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    digitol said:
    I Disagree with most of the things Apple is or isn't doing these days. I highly question Tim Cook. Does the guy even seriously actually use Apple Products? I HIGHLY doubt it. Apple needs to simplify down to a few key projects. Signs of the disarray within apple include the following: Airport Extreme hasn't been updated in more than 3 years. Worse, there is still NO A/C Wireless Extender!!! That's right Airport Express is still 802.11n. Iphoto to photos. Photos app is missing tons of features, and yet supposed take the place of iphoto and the now long discontinued aperuture!? F-That! General Software stability is way down, plenty of bugs nowadays. I must admit, though it does seem like Apple is slowly recovering on some of this. Moving on to hardware: Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, Mini, have all not seen updates or significant changes in YEARS!!!!! Not to mention Apple's new stance on hardware where everything is bonded together making it almost completely non-serviceable (translation, you better max out your specs when you buy it buddy) otherwise you will be left with a obsolete object in less than a year, or as soon as Apple decides to cut you off from the new Free OS X updates. Heh heh. Last another practice I'm finding so unApple like, leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. This scheme of pushing icloud monthly services. The new photos app is geared toward selling you icloud space, the iphone, the ipad,phone,etc. I see the angle, and while it's ok to promote, the way they are doing it sickens me. Here kids, tap this neat little iphoto library button, and all your photos get stored on the cloud....MUhahahahahahahaa suckers!!! now you Pay! But we didn't mention that. Right, so Creating a problem, then selling you the solution goes under dirty in my book. Now that being said. I really do love the company, heck I might even work for them... but seriously I feel most of the above should be addressed. To be fair, like I said earlier I do see some improvement in things at Apple, but dang there needs to be a re-focus going on. Still as bad as this may all sound the competition, is still miles behind. Oh another thing popped into my head: Apple music, Itunes, iTunes Match, Family sharing, yea dive into that complicated mess of producting. :) Ok end rant.
    We all know Apple's products are long in the tooth...I don't know why at least once every topic someone has to bitch about it and that Tim isn't doing his job. We get it....you don't have to complain. It will be fixed very soon. 
    nolamacguynetmage
  • Reply 24 of 27
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    digitol said:
    Sounds like you need to switch platforms. Why stick with a platform you now despise and whose executives you hate? Or are you one of those types who bitches constantly but never makes a move, suffering in silence as evil Apple sucks the happiness out of you. Do you now look at Windows and Android with envy and lust while you grumble about your station in tech? Do you visit techie stores and drool over building your own box that is eminently upgradeable any time you want to? Your rant is pathetic. If you really feel that way then DO something about it. Otherwise you are just boring us.
    nolamacguynetmagerealjustinlongbaconstang
  • Reply 25 of 27
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    digitol said:
    you mad bro?

an ignorant rant, full of false information. but ill only address this one bit of ignorance -- just because a device isn't cited as user-serviceable, doesnt mean its not serviceable. all of your apple gear can go into the shop for service, sealed or no. apple's hardware have the longest useful lives in the business, and this has been written about many times. just last nite i noticed i have a friend still rocking an iPhone 4.

also, you'll likely never work for apple. sorry.
    netmagebaconstang
  • Reply 26 of 27
    TomETomE Posts: 172member
    Gee Whiz . That is not a lot of stock for these 2 men at Apple.  If I sell my shares will it be newsworthy ?  Could be, but I doubt it.  Why would I want to sell ?  AI could say it was important.  This writer needs his hand spanked.   I get tired of reading this type of article.  A written apology to the 2 Apple Execs is in order.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    TomE said:
    Gee Whiz . That is not a lot of stock for these 2 men at Apple.  If I sell my shares will it be newsworthy ?  Could be, but I doubt it.  Why would I want to sell ?  AI could say it was important.  This writer needs his hand spanked.   I get tired of reading this type of article.  A written apology to the 2 Apple Execs is in order.
    Wellll.. in reality, articles are all over the financial publications when any executive, or board member, from any major company sells stock. Does it matter? Sometimes, but this is public info, and it's reported on.

There were many articles when Bill Gates sold $30 million in Microsoft stock many years ago. It turned out he was building a house, and needed the money for that. He had tens of billions in Microsoft stock at the time. Now, he has almost none.