Apple may launch three new iPhones in 2017, limiting curved OLED to one model - report

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    gatorguy said:
    mytdave said:
    Gimmick. What actual productive reason is there for a curved screen (on the edges like Shamesung)? I've seen it, played with it. I actually find it annoying since the images get distorted along the edges, eww. I hope Apple does NOT do a "me too" product like this. If Apple were to do some type of curved screen, they'd need to go above and beyond, like wrap it all the way around the phone. Still, not sure what would be useful or practical about that either. And, they would also need to figure out some way to compensate for the bent images due to the curved glass.
    I had assumed it was a pretty much useless feature too...
    Until the property owner had stopped by one day last week sporting an Edge model. I asked how useful the small side notifications were and he replied he found it incredibly so, relying on it several times a day since email, message, call etc notifications displayed no matter whether he had it face down or in it's case. 

Luckily, I can afford to have an Apple Watch for that!!
  • Reply 42 of 47
    Is the upcoming 2016 phone so boring that we already have all these postings talking about what will be in 2017?  I hope Apple surprises with something compelling this year.
  • Reply 43 of 47
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    apple ][ said:
    Besides being a useless gimmick, what benefit is there to having a curved screen like that? It seems like an inconvenience.

Just because something can be done, that doesn't mean that it should be done.

I remember back when ALL displays were curved, in the days when CRT displays were used. 

Then LED came on to the scene, and then all displays became flat.

Now displays are getting curved again. Somebody must've gotten bored with 100% flat displays.

I'll stick with flat displays, thank you very much. You can keep your curved TVs, your curved phones and your curved, warped thinking.

Do these sick people also have curved, deformed penises? What a bunch of freaks.
    You skipped plasma, and LCD, and even CRTs had flat screens towards the end. 
  • Reply 44 of 47
    sog35 said:
    Curved screens are stupid.

If Apple makes an iPhone with Galaxy Edge type of screen I will sell all my stock.
    Apple already has made a Surface clone, so nothing unusual about openly copying other gimmicks.    Jonny Ivy will say it's "magical" how the curved screen displays your iMessage notifications.
  • Reply 45 of 47
    waltgwaltg Posts: 90member
    Seems like all the 'buzz' is 2017,, what happened to the 2016 new equipment/new innovation releases?? Being a stockholder I look at all this as Samsung is actually eating Apple's lunch! Samsung is the one with all the new and innovative equipment on the market, and yes they are selling! While I wont buy a new phone this year, maybe next, the ONLY thing keeping me on an iPhone at this point is the OS. This is all very troubling looking at it from the business world aspect! Come on Apple are you asleep out there?? We want more than just a few new silly omegies or whatever their called....
  • Reply 46 of 47
    iPhone 7 can already be bought in China from the suppliers, in the official boxes.

http://www.goingsolar.co.za/uploads/iphone7.mp4