Apple issues iOS 9.3.5 update, patching serious security issues discovered just 10 days ago

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    elehcdn said:
    razormaid said:
    TurboPGT said:
    I wonder if this patch was in iOS 10 beta 7 and its why they rushed it out last Friday.
    I guess it's ok to talk about it now... beta 7 was rushed out after I found a serious serious battery issue that caused the battery to drop rapidly. I found it Monday after beta 6 , but I thought maybe my charger wasn't working properly so I just dismissed it. 
    <snip>

The main thing is they were able to identify "it" (the problem) quickly and (the battery life) is actually working better than it has during any of the 6 previous betas. I want to say exactly what is was but I was reminded of the NDA about 100 times during the process of testing and fixing so... just glad it's fixed and even improved now. I swear I'm getting an extra hour than I was before. I guess that's the obsessing thing they try to avoid. GRIN 
    Wait, the public beta is still at beta 6 ... I have been running for over a week and haven't seen this issue ...
    It would have been your beta 5 with the battery issue. Your beta 6 was our beta 7 fix. Between 5 and 6 for you was just 4 days. That's why. The public beta is always behind "nunberwise" but only because we started first. GRIN 

so your beta 6 is the battery fix