iPod -- Overwhelmingly Shortsighted ?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 21
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    I think that the iPod and iPod 2 will be completely separate p[roducts. P{erhaps it will be called csomething else. iPad? It will still play MP3s of course.

Latest 2003 -

5GB and 10GB iPods are given software upgrades. You now can use then as READ-ONLY Palm devices. Just liikke the current generation. There are currenty programs that allow you to use the iPod aS a full-fledged PDA, but without an uiput mechanism, thjey're as;lmsot useless.

The upgraded iPods will have Apple-created READ-ONLY PDA programs, updatable from your computer. Or you can buy a handy $50 dongle to plug into your FW port on one end and any Ethernet port on the other and you can update easily. Of course, fastest update is directly through the FW port to the main Mac.

The NEW iPod will be lsightly thicker, to accomafategg a larger battery. KIt will be exactly tyhe size of a standard deck of cards, ratherthan smaller.

20- GB HD

Touchscreen occupying fully half of the iPod front panel.

Smaller scroll wheel with buttons around it to easily call up the PDA functions.

Apple wioll noit be so foolish as to trfyh to make it a full-fledged Pocket PC. The G3, the only energy-efficient processor they have, is too slow. You can make the computer this small, but the energy source will be too large.

So, the iPAD will be limited to MP3 playing and PDA tasks. You can't do anything processor-intensive on it.

MMMMMMM.. ntural handwriting recognition. I will write the next American novel in an Internet acfe on my ioPad. Yeah, right. More likely, I will... never mind.