This week on AI: 'See you on Sept. 7,' Apple's $14.5B bill, detonating Note 7 & more

Posted:
in General Discussion edited September 2016
The "iPhone 7" unveiling date was finally made official by Apple this week, but talk persisted about 'exploding' Samsung phones, and an epic EU $14.5 billion tax edict that may have to be paid to a mostly unwilling Ireland.

To keep up on the latest in the Apple world, download the official AppleInsider app, and subscribe to our email newsletter.

Everything you need to know:

• Apple sends invitations for 'iPhone 7' event on Sept. 7: 'See you on the 7th' > >
  • EU tax investigation concludes, Apple hammered with $14.5 billion bill > >
  • Apple to begin removing abandoned and problematic apps from App Store next week > >
  • Samsung issues global recall of Galaxy Note 7, replacement program announced > >
  • 'Pegasus' iOS malware package also found to impact OS X, Apple issues patch > >
  • Apple debuts new 2TB iCloud storage option for $19.99 per month > >
  • Sell your iPhone trade-in to BuyBackWorld ahead of Apple's iPhone 7 and grab a 10% cash bonus > >
  • For in-depth discussion of this week's hottest stories, listen to the AppleInsider podcast. Subscribe here, or catch the stream here: A roundup of all of our hottest stories this week: Apple event invite inspires wild speculation about 'iPhone 7' iris scanning, bokeh, more Latest alleged 'iPhone 7 Plus' packaging pic suggests option of bundled wireless 'AirPods' New Beats products to be announced at Apple's Sept. 7 'iPhone 7' event Apple 'iPhone 7' manufacturing demands causing tight RAM supply, increased pricing Irish cabinet votes to appeal EU's $14.5B tax penalty on Apple Feds, lobbyists draw battle lines over Apple's EU $14.5B tax bill Apple CEO Tim Cook calls EU tax ruling 'total political crap,' cites potential anti-US sentiment EU-imposed Apple Irish tax bill could exceed $21.2B if appeal process fails BitTorrent app Transmission once again source of macOS malware Samsung Galaxy Note 7 bursting battery shipment stop may escalate to a recall New lawsuit accuses Apple of turning blind eye to 'touch disease' on iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Apple to debut standalone 5K monitor, MacBook Air refresh, 'pro' iPad software features, report says Possible references to MacBook Pro OLED 'Function Row' spotted in Pages code EU-imposed Apple Irish tax bill could exceed $21.2B if appeal process fails Join AppleInsider next week for live coverage from the Sept. 7 unveiling of Apple's fall product lineup.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    I find it interesting the estimates of the Samsung Note 7 sold and shipped were only 2.5 and 3 million respectively. Doesn't seem to match the "high demand" accolades in the news. Wonder what would get reported if Apple had sales like that in the first month. Did a search for sales numbers, and second article I looked at I saw the following in androidheadlines.com on August 7th: "Needless to say, Samsung’s ‘Galaxy Note’ series devices are usually selling like hotcakes,...". In light of what transpired, an I nteresting choice of words, or ... a prognostic premonition.