iOS 10 tests show slower boot times, but overall smooth speeds even on older iPhones

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    Soli said:
    Apple rebuilt the animation system to try to bring it back to the 60FPS standard originally established by the first iPhone. That's a big reason it "feels" faster now. 
    That would explain a lot. Everything is so smooth now, it's just amazing to watch.
    AnandTech did an analysis about it under under their Scrolling Performance section of their iOS 10 review.

No idea why this post warrants a down-vote. Either someone doesn't like that Anand now works at Apple, or someone's got something against you Sol.

Then again, it could be those idiots that down-vote every post.

Soli
  • Reply 22 of 24
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    Soli said:
    Apple rebuilt the animation system to try to bring it back to the 60FPS standard originally established by the first iPhone. That's a big reason it "feels" faster now. 
    That would explain a lot. Everything is so smooth now, it's just amazing to watch.
    AnandTech did an analysis about it under under their Scrolling Performance section of their iOS 10 review.

No idea why this post warrants a down-vote. Either someone doesn't like that Anand now works at Apple, or someone's got something against you Sol.

Then again, it could be those idiots that down-vote every post.

LOl I wondered about that, too.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    I am using a Iphone 6 plus and after installing IOS 10 I find that my phone is much slower now and the screens tend to momentarily freeze. Hopefully this will be fixed in a patch soon.
    geekdad
  • Reply 24 of 24
    geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member
    Personally I don't think boot times matter for phones anymore. It is a useless benchmark as most benchmarks are. I mean how many times do we re-boot our phones?