First iPhone 7 Plus teardown reveals larger battery, revamped internal design, faux speaker port, m

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,038member
    mac_128 said:
    socalrey said:
    Teardown Update: According to Apple, this plastic component is a barometric vent. With the added ingress protection afforded by the watertight seal, the iPhone uses this baffle to equalize the internal and atmospheric pressures in order to have an accurate altimeter. https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iPhone+7+Plus+Teardown/67384
    But again, the components for the iPhone 7 were designed to fit the 4.7" model than placed into the Plus model where they had more room to add dual cameras and a larger battery.
    Don't be so daft.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    I'm not entirely sure why, but the idea of a fake speaker port bugs me. Maybe it's that it flies in the face of Apple's rep for quality, or the original promise (now apparently retracted, however pointless) of stereo speakers, or the fact that the phone simply costs too much to have fake parts. The second point of surprise and possible irritation is the lack of OIS in the tele lens, where it's most needed. Apparently 7+ users need to plan on using a tripod when they zoom, with no exceptions.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,038member
    I'm not entirely sure why, but the idea of a fake speaker port bugs me. Maybe it's that it flies in the face of Apple's rep for quality, or the original promise (now apparently retracted, however pointless) of stereo speakers, or the fact that the phone simply costs too much to have fake parts. The second point of surprise and possible irritation is the lack of OIS in the tele lens, where it's most needed. Apparently 7+ users need to plan on using a tripod when they zoom, with no exceptions.
    1) What's fake about it? The iPhone has stereo speakers and Apple in no way states that the stereo is from the bottom. 

2) Why do you think OIS is only available in the wide-angle lens?
    edited September 2016