Samsung Note 7 battery fire woes triggered by rush to beat Apple's iPhone 7 - report

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 68
    rob53 said:
    Why does everyone keep demanding something entirely different every year?
    I think it's partly consumer culture. People are desperate to spend their money on shiny new things all the time. It's kind of an addiction. And if the shiny new thing looks the same as your "old" thing... people don't get too excited. I'm still using an iPhone 5 and it's fine. I'm totally happy with it and have no need or desire to spend over $1000 just for a new phone. Waste of money. The phone I have works great. It would be nice to have Touch ID and ApplePay... but somehow I will find the strength to survive :P
  • Reply 62 of 68
    volcan said:
    arlomedia said:

I think at least once they said "Galaxy 7" instead of "Note 7," which is a simple example of how badly an issue like this can damage a brand.
    American Airlines and Delta flights have been instructing all Samsung phone users to power down, and not use their devices in flight. All Samsung phones not just Note 7. Also they are not allowed to be in checked luggage, but will Samsung people abide by that rule. Not likely. Defiant, just like the people who refuse to put away their device during takeoff and landing.
    Especially defiant if the person sitting next to them gets to enjoy their iPhone during the entire flight.  ;)
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 63 of 68
    sog35 said:
    Oh so its Apple's fault. LOL
    Some how it always is! Lol
    baconstang
  • Reply 64 of 68
    tommikele said:
    safi said:
    People who bought samsung got what they deserved! I hope more galaxy's blow up and blacken their faces!
    That kind of comment makes you even more ignorant and childish than Android fanbois who so relentlessly lie, twist and distort anything Apple. In fact, it puts you on a level below them. How about you grow up a little and show that those who believe in Apple and their products are smarter, more accomplished and intellectually superior to the Apple hater crowd? Don't you think that would work a little bit better than crawling around in the mud with them and claiming others deserve to have their phones explode and be injured?
    Well said. Bravo!!!
  • Reply 65 of 68
    linkmanlinkman Posts: 1,035member
    It's fairly official now that Apple is getting some bonus sales from this. USA Today reports that 26% of Samsung Note 7 owners intend to buy an iPhone as the replacement. 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2016/09/19/samsung-galaxy-note-7-users-opt-iphones-cash-survey/90715300/
    watto_cobratmay
  • Reply 66 of 68
    Apple has always made a better phone than Samsung.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 67 of 68
    The user and all related content has been deleted.