Apple's iOS 10 on one-third of compatible devices after 6 days, report says

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    This is the most buggy version of ios I have ever seen. Every day there are new problems beeing posted. 

I highly suggest to everyone to wait for 10.1 and higher.

Here are some of the reasons I rolled back to ios9. I am using a iphone 6s

Notes: copying text from Notes to Mail would not match the text size in Mail. Instead the pasted text to too big.

Camera: Most of the time when opening the camera app the camera would be froozen. The fix was to close the app (compleatly) and open again.

Display: I was seeing screen refresh flickering here and there :(

Hard Reset: When I was doing hard reset I would notice a crash like graphic errors (rainbow like). Similar to blue screen of D...
  • Reply 22 of 27
    This is the most buggy version of ios I have ever seen. Every day there are new problems beeing posted. 

I highly suggest to everyone to wait for 10.1 and higher.

Here are some of the reasons I rolled back to ios9. I am using a iphone 6s

Notes: copying text from Notes to Mail would not match the text size in Mail. Instead the pasted text to too big.

Camera: Most of the time when opening the camera app the camera would be froozen. The fix was to close the app (compleatly) and open again.

Display: I was seeing screen refresh flickering here and there :(

Hard Reset: When I was doing hard reset I would notice a crash like graphic errors (rainbow like). Similar to blue screen of D...
    Sorry to hear you're having those issues.  I'm wondering if there isn't something else going on, such as a hardware problem.  Might be worth a call to Apple, or drop by the store and show them what's happening with your phone.

My experience is based on updating my iPhone 6, iPhone 5S (company-issued), and iPad Air 2, with no problems observed as of yet.  In fact, all three devices appear to be performing routine tasks more quickly.  It's as if the hardware has been refreshed to work faster.
    I also have a spare older iPad (a 4, I think) and wonder if it's supported. I may update it just to see what difference iOS 10 makes on older hardware.

Anyway, best of luck.  Hope you find the source of the problem and are able to fix it.

argonaut
  • Reply 23 of 27
    jkichline said:
    lundkeman said:
    I'm seeing a decrease in battery life on both my 5s and my watch.  Another person I know, that has either the 6+/6S+, noticed an decrease in battery life as well.

Anyone else notice this as well?
    Yep. I used to get more than a day on my 6 Plus, now I get about half a day or so.
    My 6s has less battery time too.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    BTW can I purchase only one EarPod? What if one loses only one?
    Van Gogh found the solution over a century ago...
    argonautjim wdasanman69
  • Reply 25 of 27
    I am really happy with iOS 10 so far. The only thing that keeps tripping me up every single time I use it is the unlock screen. Since I have developed an automatic, near involuntary swipe to the right as soon as I click on the home button, I'm really struggling to change that simple behavior to two taps on the home button instead. Hard to change an action you've performed literally thousands and thousands of times without even thinking about it.
    If you have raise to wake and TouchID, your actions should be about the same, or you can turn off raise to wake and reset home button press to unlock and use it like before with TouchID. 

If you're not used to TouchID, that would be different regardless. 
  • Reply 26 of 27
    boredumb said:

LOL, Priceless!

• Reply 27 of 27
    boredumb said:
    Dropped his ear in the toilet?