Apple's iPhone 7 camera delivers nice slice of enhancements, but iPhone 7 Plus takes the cake

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    tzeshan said:
    Soli said:
    tzeshan said:
    Could people give suggestions on how they carry the bigger iPhone?  
    What does that mean? The iPhone 7 Plus is only 3.07" across. The original iPod and iPhone with a 2" and 3.5"display, respectively, weren't 2.43" across, and much thicker, which affects how you hold it in your hand.

I mean carry around the iPhone.  I put iPhone in the pant pocket.  I am afraid it will be uncomfortable with the 7 Plus.  

I've been carrying the Plus models in my pant's front pockets since the 6 Plus without any problems. I use standard (non-skinny) jeans, so the pockets are pretty big.

I'd never carry the phone in my rear pocket or in my shirt pockets. The former is just ridiculous and the latter isn't secure enough.

• Reply 22 of 28

This was a very nicely done review, with a lot of good information and picture comparisons. The level of detail reminded me to dpreviews, but without too much technical jargon.

Very well done.

lostkiwi
  • Reply 23 of 28
    I don't agree with your comments on Chinese Gardens photo. iPhone 7 shot is totally washed out and has a narrow tonal range, see the ground and the plant at right. So that it even introduced a non-existent illumination on the ground !.. The detail is not everything, this is the tonal range that adds naturalness and depth to the image. Narrow the tonal range, you get a flat photo without depth.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    The camera is the main reason that I upgraded to the IP7+ from a 6. It took a while to get used to the bigger 6 and I suspect that I will also get used to the IP7+. But the new camera('s) make it worthwhile in my opinion.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    I don't wonder not many man consider man purse. They sell plenty of variants that do not look ridiculous on man.  You can put your phone inside without worrying about bending or scratching. The only problem is that you will get miscalls often, but that's why Apple Watch comes to rescue.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    Hedly LamarrHedly Lamarr Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    In my tests the color accuracy of the camera in the 7+ is not right. A friend has one and mentioned that his side-by-side tests of the 6s+ and the 7+ showed that the 7 was decidedly cool, and not in an accurate way. I took some color cards to the Apple store and did side by side tests of the 7+ and the 6s+ - same lighting, same color cards, etc. The 7+ especially. on warmer colors is pretty far off - for example the orange card shows as red on the 7+ display, but is bang on on the 6s+ display. I suspect this is in the software and there is some sort of "real world" tuning being done, but it's definitely noticeable, and my tests are consistent with my friends independent tests. THe camera is awesome, and sharp and all that, but the color is just... weird. Has anyone else noticed this?
  • Reply 27 of 28
    In my tests the color accuracy of the camera in the 7+ is not right. A friend has one and mentioned that his side-by-side tests of the 6s+ and the 7+ showed that the 7 was decidedly cool, and not in an accurate way. I took some color cards to the Apple store and did side by side tests of the 7+ and the 6s+ - same lighting, same color cards, etc. The 7+ especially. on warmer colors is pretty far off - for example the orange card shows as red on the 7+ display, but is bang on on the 6s+ display. I suspect this is in the software and there is some sort of "real world" tuning being done, but it's definitely noticeable, and my tests are consistent with my friends independent tests. THe camera is awesome, and sharp and all that, but the color is just... weird. Has anyone else noticed this?
    You're not expecting a perfect photo straight from the camera? I am not getting perfect photos not even from my Canon 5D Mark IV RAW images, sometimes I've got to run them through STAGES of enhancements. Now with my iPhone camera it is just too time-consuming so I try to use some iOS apps to white-balance, but usually if I want a really good photo I export it to my Mac and process in Photolemur.com or Pickmonkey (if I need some manual adjustments).