Government agency issues warning over 'exploding' Samsung washing machines

Comments

• Reply 21 of 44
    my dad, who sells appliances at home depot, has never been a fan of samsung products. says their customer support is atrocious. 
    pscooter63watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 44
    Considering how much evidence Samsung destroyed in the lead up and during the Apple case it's no surprise that they're trying their best to hide this as well. In other news replaced Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phones have also been exploding.
    pscooter63baconstangstarwarsredgeminipawatto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 44
    cali said:
    Hate to sound evil but I can't wait until one of these injures a person or burns down homes because that's what it'll take for the U.S. and Ssheep to start treating this company like the scumbags they are.
    Already happened here in New Zealand. A number of their washing machines caught fire because of crappy wiring.
    watto_cobraHabi_tweet
  • Reply 24 of 44
    Wow! What next--an exploding Galaxy Note 7!
    SpamSandwichwatto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 44
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,096member
    cali said:
    ireland said:
    cali said:
    Hate to sound evil but I can't wait until one of these injures a person or burns down homes because that's what it'll take for the U.S. and Ssheep to start treating this company like the scumbags they are.
    I think it's enough that the company has no values, no need to wish someone's house to be burned down man. That's fucked up and uncalled for. If people want to buy Samsung junk that's their problem. No need to let it get under your skin to that extreme.
    "That's their problem"

that's my point. People need to wake up. Imagine if Apple products were blowing up at this rate rate? The government would take them to the cleaners!!

My Samsung TV is pretty good.   Everything else I've had from them was crap.
    Thank gawd they don't make cars.

The scary thing is I think they do make cars in South Korea.
    Well, Samsung does have a heavy industry division... not too long before a tanker or oil rig explodes...  

Couldn't happen to a more deserving company.
    baconstangredgeminipawatto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 44
    Seems an appropriate time to post this Steve Jobs quote (orinally from the Walter Isaacson biography I think); how Steve Jobs picks a washer/dryer:

“We didn’t have a very good one so we spent a little time looking at them,” he told contributing editor Gary Isaac Wolf. “It turns out that the Americans make washers and dryers all wrong. The Europeans make them much better – but they take twice as long to do clothes! It turns out that they wash them with about a quarter as much water and your clothes end up with a lot less detergent on them. Most important, they don’t trash your clothes. They use a lot less soap, a lot less water, but they come out much cleaner, much softer, and they last a lot longer.

“We spent some time in our family talking about what’s the trade-off we want to make. We ended up talking a lot about design, but also about the values of our family. Did we care most about getting our wash done in an hour versus an hour and a half? Or did we care most about our clothes feeling really soft and lasting longer? Did we care about using a quarter of the water? We spent about two weeks talking about this every night at the dinner table. We’d get around to that old washer-dryer discussion. And the talk was about design.”

Two weeks of discussions to choose a washing machine? That’s life in the Jobs household. (He opted for Miele in the end, adding, “I got more thrill out of them than I have out of any piece of high tech in years.”)

So how does he justify deliberating for so long? Well interestingly he compared it to a phone – an essential item, but something people don’t have time to spend figuring out. “You just don’t have time to learn this stuff, and everything’s getting more complicated.” So he simplified it all with the original iPhone, and the mobile landscape changed forever. If Apple made washing machines, you can bet they’d be the easiest to use in the world."

Source 9-5 Mac

https://9to5mac.com/2011/03/07/how-steve-jobs-picks-a-washerdryer/

SpamSandwichbaconstangredgeminipawatto_cobranolamacguy
  • Reply 27 of 44
    The real "M" of spy tools!  Exploding washing machines, smartphone that catch on fire!  Theses are new tools in the next "Bond" movie?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 44
    Samsung should practice some "spin control" in the PR department!
    SpamSandwichredgeminipawatto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 44
    Samsung washing machine? That's a cheap buy that costs more in the long run. I trust Miele (excellent, though expensive in the short run). I actually put my foot down when my girl wanted to get a boomsung one. It had several things going for it: shiny, cheap, with a rebate, comes with a salesman till you sign...

no thanks.
    redgeminipawatto_cobranolamacguy
  • Reply 30 of 44
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member
    Exploding washing machines...LOL!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 44
    We have had a recall in Australia for these for the last 3 years or so. Assume all come out of the same factory in Asia? "We first issued the recall in 2013 but there are still thousands of affected machines that are yet to be serviced or otherwise retrieved. If you have an affected machine you are entitled to elect either a free service, refund or replacement." www.samsung.com/au/washingmachinerecall/ http://www.kidspot.com.au/parenting/real-life/in-the-news/recall-samsung-washing-machines-that-can-catch-on-fire
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 32 of 44
    We have a Maytag Neptune front load that had a recall for water leaking near the control panel. After numerous calls and transfers, we found out it was made by Shamsung. Their "fix"? A GFI adapter to put on the plug. My mom informed me the other day about a class action lawsuit over mold for a whole whopping $50. I'm patiently waiting for it to die.  

Our old Fisher & Paykel was a phenomenal washer (Swedish or Swiss), but it wasn't the most reliable. 
  • Reply 33 of 44
    With all these exploding products, maybe Samsung should become a defense contractor for the South Korean military. 
    I think ISIS could be more interested.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 34 of 44
    With all these exploding products, maybe Samsung should become a defense contractor for the South Korean military. 
    Have you seen their robot sentry? It's Robocopesque
  • Reply 35 of 44
    What does this have to do with Apple? Just because its Samsung it doesn't mean it should be posted on an Apple site. I couldn't care less about Samsung washing machines. If I did, I certainly wouldn't come here to read about them. I wish this site would stick to Apple stuff and less about other companies, including Samsung. We might as well call this site TechInsider because its not always about Apple. 
    spacekid
  • Reply 36 of 44
    macxpress said:
    We might as well call this site TechInsider because its not always about Apple. 
    I don't even think a publication called TechInsider would do an article on washing machines would they?
    macxpress
  • Reply 37 of 44
    macxpress said:
    We might as well call this site TechInsider because its not always about Apple. 
    I don't even think a publication called TechInsider would do an article on washing machines would they?

Okay, point well made...maybe ConsumerInsider? I bet next week, we'll hear about the best vacuum cleaner for your dollar here. 
    edited September 2016
  • Reply 38 of 44
    macxpress said:
    What does this have to do with Apple? Just because its Samsung it doesn't mean it should be posted on an Apple site. I couldn't care less about Samsung washing machines. If I did, I certainly wouldn't come here to read about them. I wish this site would stick to Apple stuff and less about other companies, including Samsung. We might as well call this site TechInsider because its not always about Apple. 
    Don't be obtuse. 39 stories on the front page, 33 are directly Apple or product for Apple focused. 5 deal with Apple competitors primarily, and this one has only a tangential relationship to Apple.

You must be one of those "stick to sports" when a sports talk show talks about their own life for 5 minutes of a 4 hour show.
    ronn
  • Reply 39 of 44
    fallenjt said:
    bdkennedy said:
    This is huge because Samsung makes washing machines for other companies and they just get re-badged as Sears Kenmore, LG or Maytag, and I happen to own the Kenmore.
    Who said LG rebadged Samsung Washers? Dude, get real. They're competitors!

I think you need to re-read what was said, he said LG are rebranded as Maytag not Samsung. I am 100% sure that is all true, since I know that Maytag has recently move production back to the US from China due to similar quality issue. I know today most washing machines and dries are made only by a few companies and are rebranded under various trade names and model numbers even though they are exactly the same product but you can not price shop since they all different names and model numbers. If you ever bought parts for most appliances you will see how many models and brand names use the exact same part number.
  • Reply 40 of 44
    And how is this washing machine problem related to apple products?
    macxpress