Leaked photo shows off Apple's nearly-finished Regent Street renovations in London

Posted:
in General Discussion
A Facebook photo leaked by a construction worker appears to show the interior of Apple's Regent Street store in London, which is due to reopen on Oct. 15 after over a year of renovations.

The worker in question originally posted several photos but then deleted them, according to an AppleInsider reader, who managed to save one. It's not clear when the image was shot, but it appears to be relatively recent given that much of the major work is done, such as removing the central staircase and pulling lit Apple logos out of the windows.

The photo also suggests that Regent Street will be fully immersed in Apple's current design aesthetic, with touches like wooden shelves, and a tree grove the company reserves for bigger locations, like its Union Square outlet in San Francisco.

Out of frame are some important expected additions, like two new side staircases and a massive video display.

The Regent Street store is one of Apple's international flagships, but when renovations got underway, staff and shoppers were forced to operate out of the basement. Even that part of the shop has been out of commission since June 13, presumably because of the backroom renovations Apple intends to make.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Trees!! Excellent they finally came through with the promise
  • Reply 2 of 7
    alanhalanh Posts: 75member
    Trees!! Excellent they finally came through with the promise
    Good things always come in trees.
    benjerargonaut
  • Reply 3 of 7
    I'm digg'n the trees! :)
  • Reply 4 of 7
    dachardachar Posts: 330member
    I have been to the old Regents Street store. I can't make out if the picture is showing the group floor or the first floor. Can't wait to see the new store.

• Reply 5 of 7
    K2K2 Posts: 2unconfirmed, member
    dachar said:
    I have been to the old Regents Street store. I can't make out if the picture is showing the group floor or the first floor. Can't wait to see the new store.

Looks like the first floor has been removed
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Can anyone tell me what tree is this?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    K2 said:
    dachar said:

Looks like the first floor has been removed

I thought they were going to remove the huge staircase from the centre and make 2 smaller ones on the sides. At least that's what the previous story said.

This looks like a pic of the ground floor from the first floor.

It looks like they've wrapped up 2 huge Christmas trees in the far corner!!