Staples, Aeroflot & easyJet add support for Apple Pay on the Web

Posted:
in iPhone
Three more merchants have enabled Web-based Apple Pay transactions, including office supply chain Staples and two airlines: the U.K.'s easyJet, and Russia's Aeroflot.

While Staples is only accepting Apple Pay through the mobile version of Safari, easyJet and Aeroflot are supporting both the desktop and mobile versions. When making a purchase, shoppers have to authenticate using Touch ID on a compatible iPhone or iPad, or alternately an Apple Watch when browsing on a Mac.

Supported iOS devices include the iPhone 6, 6s, and 7, the iPad mini 3 and 4, the iPad Air 2, and all versions of the iPad Pro.

Web support for Apple Pay is still in its early stages, since it was only introduced last month as a part of iOS 10 and macOS Sierra. So far companies like Wayfair and StubHub have already delivered support, but others -- like Fandango and Target -- are only announced partners.

Another Russian development is support for Apple Pay at some BP gas stations in the country. At the moment, this extends only to Moscow, Saint-Petersburg, Pskov, Tver, Smolensk, and Novgorod.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Target, if it risks security, they delay fixing it, if it fixes security they delay risking it. Target is good at delay and risk but not fixing. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Wow! Russian airlines ahead of US carriers! Let's go USA. I am awaiting for some place to try Apple Pay on the web.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 6
    sflagelsflagel Posts: 805member
    Apple Pay for iOS is the BEST THING EVER. It came up unexpectedly a few days ago, I forgot which website or App, and instead of fiddling around for my credit card, I just put my finger on the phone and voila. Fantastic. Finally a good use for that (I also use Apple Pay on my Watch for the tube and small payments at the supermarket, but I still cringe a bit every time as it is a quite nerdy compared to tapping the credit card.... haven't made up my mind yet fully and that use is certainly not a killer application. But Apple Pay on Apps and on the web sure is.)
  • Reply 4 of 6
    volcanvolcan Posts: 1,799member
    I use Pay every chance I get, however not many of the retailers I use support it. I did use it at Walgreens yesterday for a flu shot.
    edited October 2016 watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 6
    At Walgreens I use applepay for the rewards card in addition to payment. It's the only place I know of that does it. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 6
    The user and all related content has been deleted.