AT&T might halt Samsung Galaxy Note 7 sales due to safety risks, other carriers offer swaps

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 63
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member
    tzeshan said:
    It is probably due to the greatest Android feature that fandroids claim superior to iPhone, multi-tasking even in the background.  There may be some apps these exploded Note 7 phones are playing in the background.  The apps drained the battery too fast causing overheating. 
    Absolute and utter nonsense...

Background activity takes up about 10% of what foreground processes can get in terms of CPU time... That is why they are called BACKGROUND activities.

In other words, if what you suggested is true, then Note7 should be overheating and exploding even more often, when simply playing a game or some other CPU/GPU intensive task, because that will draw a LOT MORE current from the battery, than it could possibly get while in background...and that should have happened en masse by now.
    However, that is not happening, which suggests that this assumption is wrong.

Whoever came up with this (cough) theory:
    1) doesn't know how Android OS works;
    2) is keen on deflecting the blame from Samesung failure toward Android by all means possible...;
    3) Suffers from the lack of at least a bit of common sense.

Real reasons why Note7 ordeal happened are:
    1). Bad business practices by Samesung:
    1.1 recall that appears to have led to the same "explosive" product that it was designed to remove from the "shelves"
    1.2 Denying or making a problem appear smaller than it is.
    1.3 Slow response regarding recall effort.
    2). Lack of Q control at Samesung division that manufactured batteries.
    I know Android OS is derived from Unix OS.  I have worked on Unix computers for many years.  To Unix OS background process and foreground process are just the same processes.  In fact in my work many processes are just doing heavy computational work which will use a lot of power.  And they are running in the background.  And we know different apps uses cpus differently.  

As to your apology 1). Bad business practices by Samesung:, it is more likely the incapable of Samsung that it did not find out the real reason for explosion and simply made superficial changes to replacements. 

Finally a 

fourth replacement Galaxy Note 7 caught fire in Virginia this morning

http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/9/13218730/samsung-galaxy-note-7-fire-replacement-fourth-virginia
  • Reply 62 of 63
    cali said:
    Rinsen said:
    Bull shit.y these people are creating such lies.i have used the old note 7 as well as the new safe note 7.i didnt get any issues.wonderfull phone.i phone 7 has lot of issues.but still they didnt have the gut to accept it.samsung did.thats da way a company should be.we salute samsung and always with them
    Textbook troll. You can't make this shit up
    Sounds more like a desperate troll to me. Claims he has both old Note and the new Note. Joker! I suppose if his car had a recall he wouldn't take it in because it didn't explode as well. The competition's car has issues but not his. Nobody is disputing how nice the Note is. But some are 'exploding' and in enough quantities to cause serious concern. What an idiot. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 63 of 63
    jkichline said:
    I have to give Sammy some credit though... it certainly hasn't been a boring launch! It's provided hours of entertainment for me as I watch Samsung's stock plummet.

We really shouldn't have been surprised. Their commercials in the U.S. for the Note 7 featured Christoph Waltz, who played the leader of Sceptre in the Bond film of the same name. So it makes sense that Samsung wants to infiltrate our domestic lives with a device capable of death and destruction while also monitoring our digital communications through Android.
    Priceless! Lol!!!