Olloclip brings three new lens collections to iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus

Posted:
in iPhone
On Monday, Olloclip announced its refreshed line of lenses for the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus dubbed the Core, Active, and Macro Pro lens sets, all featuring an improved Connect mounting system, and better optics than previous models.

The new Connect interchangeable lens system at the core of the three new accessories maintains the features of its predecessor and is now equipped to quickly configure with other individual "iPhone 7 Connect" lenses. The hinged lens base of the system swivels independently and is designed to be screen protector-friendly, adapting to keep the lens flush with the camera to maintain optical performance.

The new Core Lens Set for iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus includes multi-element Fisheye, Super-Wide and Macro 15x lenses.

A Fisheye lens in the Core lens set delivers a near-180-degree spherical effect. The Super-Wide package includes a four-element lens with more than a 120 degree field of view. The Macro 15x is intended for close-up shots.

The Active Lens Set includes multi-element Telephoto 2x and Ultra-Wide lenses. The Ultra-Wide lens has a 155-degree field of view, similar to that of an action camera's wide capture settings.

The Macro Pro lens set contains three lenses: 7x, 14x, and 21x.

While all three sets of lenses fit on the iPhone 7 Plus, none of them are positioned on the iPhone body to utilize the 2x telephoto built into the larger model.

The Core Lens Set retails for $99.99,?with the Active Lens Set selling for $119.99,?and the Macro Pro Lens Set retailing for $79.99. A combination of the Core Lens Set and the ollo Case retails for $119.99.

The product is available for pre-order at the Olloclip webpage with an expected release in early November

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    unicronunicron Posts: 154member
    Sooooo let me get this straight. they want me to drop $100 on a 2X telephoto extender that fits on my iPhone 7 Plus... but doesn't fit over the telephoto lens.   Uhhhhhh.... whut?? So I'm buying a lens that provides no more functionality (and takes up considerably more space) than the 2X telephoto already built into my phone... 

How far can I roll my eyes before they fall out? 
    edited October 2016 doozydozenboredumb