More Galaxy Note 7 fires reported as cryptic communications from Samsung complicate exchange proces

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member
    lkrupp said:

perkedel said:
    Now you know about their customer service, if you should to choose to buy Samsung phone in the future.
    Even c|net info-babe Bridget Carey is urging people to ditch the Note 7 now. When c|net turns on you that’s a problem.
    Didn't know that rubbish website existed anymore. Their reviews are the worst.
    pscooter63badmonkmagman1979lostkiwi
  • Reply 22 of 35
    ronmgronmg Posts: 163member
    What's so sad is that for decades imports from cheap Asia manufacturing have been sub-par but we haven't done anything about it. Copper plumbing fittings from China are terrible quality - lucky to get any decent amount of copper in them, and after a few years you can snap them in half with your thumb. They have found lead paint in child toys, sawdust in dog food, etc. etc. etc. Yet we keep buying the crap, and quality may start at a decent level but when no one is looking all of a sudden they are shipping complete crap into our country. Then, good luck getting the Chinese or other government to cover warranty or campaign or other costs. Yet we still keep shipping our manufacturing over there. So sad.
    magman1979lostkiwi
  • Reply 23 of 35
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    can you imagine the hatred and circus if this were Apple? if Apple had still not instituted a complete and permanent recall & discontinuation of the model? people would be losing their goddamn minds.

but Samsung? meh.

i mean there have been countless articles, and TV & radio segments dedicated to Apple's migration away from the legacy audio port...but a flagship phone literally exploding and causing fires? meh.

its pathetic.
    edited October 2016 badmonkwatto_cobrasennenronnmagman1979lostkiwi
  • Reply 24 of 35
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member

I knew this was going to happen when they announced their replacement program. I have dealt with situations like this and Failure analysis take time and before you declare you found the solution you have to be able to replicated the issue in the lab. They did not have enough time to sort this all out, they were too quick to point the finger at one battery supplier or the fact a cell in the batter was the main fault. I suspect they have other issues going on since we know it is happen all over the place on phones which they claim came from different batteries sources.

It could not have happen to a better company.

patchythepiratepscooter63badmonkwatto_cobramagman1979lostkiwi
  • Reply 25 of 35
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    This might have been posted, but it's worth reposting.

That is funny did not take the video game guys too long to take advantage of the situation.

Greg

watto_cobramagman1979
  • Reply 26 of 35
    1st1st Posts: 443member
    lkrupp said:
    Well, people are still buying Volkswagens so...
    be fair to VW, besides cheating on environmental std, quality is not bad... German design still holds some price.. F1 included.  
    watto_cobramagman1979
  • Reply 27 of 35
    ireland said:
    lkrupp said:
    Even c|net info-babe Bridget Carey is urging people to ditch the Note 7 now. When c|net turns on you that’s a problem.
    Didn't know that rubbish website existed anymore. Their reviews are the worst.
    Did Samsung do the right thing right away?
    some news sites would have you believe they acted swiftly.....
     From c|net
    .....quote....
    After a Note 7 first exploded in September, the company quickly pulled units from store shelves and began replacing them for customers. 

• Reply 28 of 35
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,699member
    Either the media is downplaying Samsung's reaction to this crisis or Samsung is sadly underestimating the long term damage to their brand that this issue poses. There's no wiggle room on safety issues that put human life at risk. Burned up Jeeps, melted carpeting, and smoke filled bedrooms are totally nasty but the first time this product defect results in the loss of human life Samsung will be a world of hurt trying to resurrect their brand and image. The CPSC should strongly consider putting an immediate import ban on this product until Samsung demonstrates that they have identified and corrected the root cause issue and have concurrence on the corrective actions from at least one or two independent (non Samsung) subject matter experts who understand the affected technology and corrective action. The longer Samsung tries to spin this through their generic customer support and public relations channels the greater the potential risk to the company. Samsung needs to assign a senior C-level leader as the point person to shepherd this crisis through the required mitigation, correction, and restoration processes - if they have not already done so. This is not about picking on Samsung or kicking a competitor when they are down, this is about consumer safety and doing the right thing and appropriately responding to the gravity of the situation. If the affected product bore an Apple logo I'd be no less insistent that they get their act together and get this thing under control - now. 
  • Reply 29 of 35
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Do carriers need to shut off service to Note 7s to force compliance with the recall?

a lot of people are foolish. Look at all those who drive straight into floods. 
    edited October 2016 watto_cobramagman1979
  • Reply 30 of 35
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    In an article I read today on a regular newspaper's site, the author said the negative press Samsung was getting for this "isn't fair". Like, wot???
    watto_cobramagman1979lostkiwi
  • Reply 31 of 35
    mobiusmobius Posts: 380member
    sennen said:
    In an article I read today on a regular newspaper's site, the author said the negative press Samsung was getting for this "isn't fair". Like, wot???
    Unbelievable isn't it? Talk about brain-washed sheep - which is usually what they call iPhone users! Jeff Jarvis was talking on this weekend's This Week In Tech and he said he felt sorry for Samsung. He lost my respect when he said that. Thankfully Rene Richie put him right.
    watto_cobramagman1979lostkiwi
  • Reply 32 of 35
    Xmas comes early for samsung...Light Up is its next big thing and is here
  • Reply 33 of 35
    tyler82tyler82 Posts: 1,110member
    Before smartphones there was basically Motorola and Samsung. I had three separate Motorola phones and they were all complete sh!t. Samsung used to make really great simple flip phones. I loved their stuff. 

They should just stick to refrigerators.

Apple is and will be the dominant smartphone/ mobile OS device for decades, much like Microsoft was with the desktop OS. 
  • Reply 34 of 35
    sog35 said:
    I will give Verge credit.

They are going really HARD on Samsung the last few days.

Can't say the same for the majority of the tech media and especially the mainstream.

Why isn't this front page news on CNN, Fox, ABC? 

Oh, I know why. Cause Samsung pays billions on commericals.
    in the UK, the BBC has this as one of the main headlines today. It's been top news on every bulletin I've seen or heard on radio since 6am. They even had "tech experts" discussing it and a live link to some random guy in silicone valley this morning.