US government bans defunct Galaxy Note 7 from all flights citing fire threat

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 50
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    mobius said:
    fallenjt said:
    sog35 said:
    Samsung has lost way more money on this self-imposed problem than from all the lawsuits that Apple has pursued over the past six years.
    Think about it this way: because of the Apple lawsuits Samsung had to create their own design. One of Samsungs original designs is the Note7. Samsung tried to be creative and it back fired. Also if Appke didn't sue Samsung, then the lattest Samsung phones would look almost identical to the iPhone. At least now you can easily tell the difference between an iPhone and a Samdung.

The Apple lawsuit was worth it
    I like your imagination, but no, it has nothing to do with Apple.
    It has everything to do with Apple; they rushed the Note 7 out to beat Apple to the punch with the iPhone 7 launch. They didn't do the proper safety checks and now they are paying the price. Of course, we can't know that for sure but that has been rumoured and seems highly likely.
    They've been doing that for years and nothing happened. It's just the new design from Galaxy Edge curved screen messed up their Note design. 
    Btw, cheap labor could be another reason:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3836128/Inside-Samsung-s-scandal-hit-Hanoi-factory-workers-earn-33-week-install-exploding-batteries-scrapped-Galaxy-Note-7-mobile-phone.html
    edited October 2016 watto_cobra
  • Reply 42 of 50
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    lkrupp said:
    For those Samsung fanboys who insist on keeping their Note 7 what happens if their phone explodes? Samsung, the CSPC, the FAA, et al, have all recalled or banned the Note 7 so does Samsung still have any legal liability toward those idiots.

I still cannot believe a class action lawsuit has not been filed yet. Apparently those are strictly reserved for Apple.
    They'd have to prove they didn't know about the issue, not an easy thing tododuring a civil case and find a sympathetic jury
  • Reply 43 of 50
    stevehsteveh Posts: 480member
    I loved my Apple ///.  Visi[c]alc on an Apple /// was awesome.  Not to mention ProDOS!  :)
    You would have liked the final Apple ///: 512K RAM and mouse support. Ended up with one of them at home for a while before I left Apple. If you gave the external (10MB!) hard drive time to spin up, switching on the Apple /// had you ready to work in under five seconds.
    tallest skilwatto_cobrapscooter63
  • Reply 44 of 50
    It unfortunate for Samscum that when these Notes came off the production line that their entire quality control department was on his annual holiday. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 45 of 50
    mr4jsmr4js Posts: 55member
    Prime Minister Abe telling Tim Cook the Note7 should have been called the Kamikaze phone. 
    watto_cobralolliver
  • Reply 46 of 50
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
    In the US there's around 1.7 million domestic air passengers per day and around 2.4 million total air passengers per day (if you count international flights too).

That's a LOT of people seeing and hearing warnings about the Galaxy Note 7. Every. Single. Day.

If you could run an ad and guarantee that many people per day would actually see/hear it, I wonder what that would cost dollar wise.
    I took a flight from Taipei to Cebu, and another (small turboprop) from Cebu to Caticlan (going to the resort island of Boracay).  On both those flights the Note 7 warnings were given, in multiple languages.   Lovin it!
    watto_cobralolliver
  • Reply 47 of 50
    tyler82tyler82 Posts: 1,101member
    jungmark said:
    Thanks for the DF link, Gruber:

That guy must've thrown $10 worth of devices
    watto_cobralolliver
  • Reply 48 of 50
    roakeroake Posts: 811member

Ftw!
    tallest skilwatto_cobra