Apple announces details of Oct. 28 Apple Watch Nike+ release, launch countries

Posted:
in Apple Watch edited October 2016
Following up on a quiet announcement earlier in October, Apple on Monday revealed more launch details for the Apple Watch Nike+, which will be released on Oct. 28 in 41 markets, with eight more added by the end of the month.

The Nike+ combines all of the features of Apple Watch Series 2 with custom bands, and a preloaded Nike+ Run Club app to motivate runners, provide guidance from coaches and athletes, and tailor plans to a user's schedule and progress. The band combinations include Black/Volt, Black/Cool Gray, Flat Silver/White and Flat Silver/Volt.

On Oct. 28, the Nike+ will ship in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Columbia, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Macau, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Russia, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the U.K., and the U.S.

On Oct. 29 the device will be available in Bahrain, Greece, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the U.A.E. Israeli retailers will see the device on Oct. 30.

The watch will be available in a 38mm size for $369 (U.S.) and in 42mm for $399 -- not just from Apple, but also from Nike, some Apple-authorized resellers, and select specialty stores and department stores.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    sflagelsflagel Posts: 805member
    This product will do well. It is the Swatch of the 21st century, acceptable for anyone under 45 to wear. the more sport functions and looks it has, the better.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    sog35 said:
    sflagel said:
    This product will do well. It is the Swatch of the 21st century, acceptable for anyone under 45 to wear. the more sport functions and looks it has, the better.
    so people under 45 don't exercise?
    Ha ha, no, it is acceptable for everyone under 45 to wear it every day all the time. I think most people over 45 / 50 will wear it for sports but probably not during the day or in the evening. Depends on the job I guess, but hip software start-up cretaive jobs are less prevalent among old people. There comes an age where certain things, like skinny jeans and Chucks, look a bit off..... there are exceptions of course.
    edited October 2016
  • Reply 3 of 10
    stubbstubb Posts: 16member
    Let's hope that Apple/Nike update the Nike+ Run Club app to operate in Watch-only mode!
    evilution
  • Reply 4 of 10
    sog35 said:
    sflagel said:
    sog35 said:
    sflagel said:
    so people under 45 don't exercise?
    Ha ha, no, it is acceptable for everyone under 45 to wear it every day all the time. I think most people over 45 / 50 will wear it for sports but probably not during the day or in the evening. Depends on the job I guess, but hip software start-up cretaive jobs are less prevalent among old people. There comes an age where certain things look a bit off..... there are exceptions of course.
    really? I know alot of 45+ who are hardcore fitness buffs and have no problem wearing something like the Nike watch. They would wear it like a badge of courage. "Look at me! I'm big on fitness!" And these are seasoned executives, not some hippy slacker. I can see these Nike watches do great with 45+

Fitness is a life style. You don't stop just because you are 45. In fact the benefits are even greater and more urgent after 45
    Interesting, cultures are apparently different. In any case, i think it will fly off the shelves. I hope they add more functionalities over time for skiing and hiking (the usual: elevation, total distance, ski pass), tennis (consistency of strokes, number of strokes, avg strokes per point, forehands/backhands, serves), swimming, football (how many miles run during a game; with chips in boots you can measure strength of kicks), there is a lot that can be done in sports (much more than in health which, honestly, to be proper, requires invasive technologies like blood tests, scans, and so on).

And lots of opportunities for co-branding in sports, as you say, lots of fitness buffs who wold wear a Lacoste AW, or a Panerai AW.

edited October 2016 albegarcbrucemc
  • Reply 5 of 10
    The Swatch cost a heck of a lot less than this. I mean, seriously. Once I find out the Apple series 2 keeps track of your swimming laps, I will get one. When you swim a mile, it's easy to lose count, especially if you want to think of something else during your workout than just counting. I've been over 45 for more than 20 years, tho, so I guess I can't wear one of these.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    mubailimubaili Posts: 453member
    sog35 said:
    Where the crap is the Airpods??????????????

I got my $299 to buy them, but where are they!
    don't worry. it will be out on Oct 27, right after Apple takes down their online store before the event and put it back online after the event.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    The Swatch cost a heck of a lot less than this. I mean, seriously. Once I find out the Apple series 2 keeps track of your swimming laps, I will get one. When you swim a mile, it's easy to lose count, especially if you want to think of something else during your workout than just counting. I've been over 45 for more than 20 years, tho, so I guess I can't wear one of these.
    A Swatch is about £ 100, and the AW is £ 260. Given the propensity to spend for gadgets, I think the AW can take their spot for "the" sporty cool fashion watch.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    sog35 said:

They cost $159.  Why are you mentioning $299?
  • Reply 9 of 10
    sog35 said:
    sog35 said:

They cost $159.  Why are you mentioning $299?
    thats what I have in my pocket right new. $299
    Two Benjamins, a Grant, and 49 Washingtons?