Investigators raid Samsung's Korean HQ amidst country's presidential scandal

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    YZYZ Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    While the picture on top displays Samsung conglomerate headquarters in Gangnam, Seoul, the article itself mentions raids in Suwon, which is located in 30 kilometers south of Seoul. Suwon is known as a location of Samsung Electronics headquarters and R&D center.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,368member
    Whoa Nelly, that must be some serious equestrian training for $3 million dollars. 

Must have been a unicorn.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 23
    rob53 said:
    Donvermo said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    Thank you for the articles, should be interesting reads indeed.
    While I hope severe punishment is carried out if any crimes come to light, I doubt that it will bring the entirety of the company down.
    Despite that fact that I have never found Samsung products appealing I do believe that Samsung is sorely needed to balance out the global market and to avoid concentrating market power in the hands of even less corporations that it is already.
    Which global market are you talking about? Just supposed smartphones? Take a walk through Best Buy, Costco, Sam's Club, Walmart, Target and just about every other big box store in the US and look at how many Samsung appliances, audio and visual devices they sell. Samsung already owns the majority or market power in way too many areas. Reducing Samsung's involvement in many of these areas would allow other companies to expand. Now if we could just get the US government to quick buying so many Windows-based PCs, forcing taxpayers to overpay for Microsoft client licenses I'd also be happy.
    I was not just referring to hardware, when it comes to software for example, Samsung and Huawei are offering competition against Google's monopoly grip on most of Android. Now that Google seems set on pushing their own product it could be really bad for consumers in general. Having alternatives to Google services on Android is key to the development of the platform, this in turn is relevant to give Apple competition to ensure it doesn't grow complacent now or in the future.

freerange said:
    Donvermo said:
    jungmark said:
    Wow. Corruption is the norm for Sammy. 
    Note that there is no evidence of this as of yet, how do you come to the conclusion that corruption the norm based on this article?
    Wake T-F-U - this corrupt company has an ongoing history of corruption in every corner of the world,  all the way up to its chairman who was pardoned by the then president of South Korea. In 2008, because of whistle-blowing by Kim Yong-chul, a former legal counsel of Samsung, South Korea’s largest conglomerate, investigators uncovered 4.5 trillion won ($4 billion) that its chairman, Lee Kun-hee, kept hidden under his aides’ names, and convicted him of tax evasion. Samsung vilified Mr. Kim as an untrustworthy former employee. This company has been convicted of price fixing and intellectual property theft around the world, along with other corrupt practices.
    This has nothing to do with waking up, this is me not being aware of the corruption issues surrounding Samsung. In fact, I was doing exactly what you suggested me to do and asked for clarification as to where this came from. Having a civil discussion about a topic seems like it is impossible however, so how do you expect people to inform themselves?