TOMS launches Apple Watch straps featuring woven fabric, leather

Posted:
in Apple Watch
Shoe and accessories boutique TOMS on Monday announced a new line of Apple Watch straps featuring woven fabric and leather accents, with each purchase providing one year of solar light to people in need.

Exclusive to TOMS online and physical retail outlets, the new TOMS for Apple Watch straps are split into two series, the $49 Utility Collection and a more expensive $75 leather-clad Artisan Collection.

Utility Collection pieces feature grosgrain fabric similar in appearance to Apple's own woven nylon straps, but incorporate leather detailing around a metal buckle and free loop. Designs are limited to solid colors -- black and olive for 42mm models, and dusty pink and clay for 38mm Watches -- and a light blue band with a white stripe for both Apple Watch sizes.

For the Artisan Collection, TOMS incorporates a woven fabric top attached to a full-length leather backing. A single diamond design is available for all four straps, with white-on-black and white-on-red colorways available for 42mm versions, and white-on-black and white-on-royal blue for 38mm models. Buckle and loop hardware sport a silver finish.

Each Apple Watch strap sale benefits TOMS' Give Time initiative, a program that partners with SolarAid and Solar Sister to provide solar light access to regions of Africa. To commemorate the partial donation, "GIVE TIME" is etched on every TOMS Apple Watch strap buckle.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,286member
    I get free solar light every day. Pretty sure it's available in most of the world.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    mike1 said:
    I get free solar light every day. Pretty sure it's available in most of the world.
    LOL...but, pretty sure you knew it was solar-generated electricity for light...right?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,286member
    boredumb said:
    mike1 said:
    LOL...but, pretty sure you knew it was solar-generated electricity for light...right?
    Yes, although the explanation in the article was a little vague and therefore humorous.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    These bands are ugly af. Also, I am kind of tired of companies creating gold and/or rose gold in just 38mm sizes.