YouTube is now trash

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    Well, that's a wishful thinking for me though. From what I remember, paid-advertising is where these media get their profit/income and the reason why we can still enjoy using the app/site for free. Just like Spotify, you can pay the full subscription so you don't have to skip ads all the time. 
  • Reply 22 of 29
    DuhSesameDuhSesame Posts: 1,278member
    That was 2016, now they give you two ads, plus de-ranking whatever they don't like.

Don't be evil, sure.
    hmurchisonrazorpit
  • Reply 23 of 29
    I used adblock. so I dont see YT ads, but now you get paid infomercials and segue from the content itself for rubbish services like nord vpn.

watch this video to find out why VPN is useless. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVDQEoe6ZWY

• Reply 24 of 29
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    If Apple could find a way to give us their version of YT but the cream of the crop as a component of Apple TV Plus that would be awesome. 

Rather than advertising  there would be the ability for sponsorships and because Apple TV Plus is a paid service a bit of profit sharing.   Apple’s competitor would be more curated ...not in bubbling stuff up to top but rather focusing on key areas that are not problematic.   Tech Reviews are always going to be popular,  Movie reviews.  Gaming discussion etc.   Content would be curated in that offensive content would not make it.   

A good start would be Apple acquiring Vimeo.  
  • Reply 25 of 29
    Make use of an ad-blocker and get rid of annoying ads on YouTube  :)
  • Reply 26 of 29
    davendaven Posts: 696member
    Flashnews said:
    I mostly watch YouTube on my AppleTV so that isn't an option.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    daven said:
    Flashnews said:
    Then subscribe to Youtube which IS an option and avoid all those ads
  • Reply 28 of 29
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    daven said:
    Flashnews said:
    Yes, I wish 1Blocker was available on the AppleTV and could work on apps too.  For now I just stream from Safari on my Mac or Safari on my iPad because the ads are indeed beyond ridiculous. 
    daven