Israel's Cellcom brings internet TV service to Apple TV

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    cali said:
    sog35 said:
    rwes said:
    PlayStation Vue is amazing and between my Roku, Chromecast, Xbox One and Smart TV, I really have no reason to get a Apple TV. There's nothing it'll provide that I don't already have even though I can get a nice discount on one. 
    IMO, what's nice about the Apple TV, is it replaces Roku, Chromecast and the Smart (portion) of a Smart TV. And for me, it replaces an Xbox One too, but I can see why for heavy gamers, it wouldn't. I don't switch inputs anymore. Have been a Sling user for abit, but had not tried Vue. Have to admin, the Vue interface is slicker. Going to try DirectTV now soon too and see how it compares. With Hulu's expected launch, I really like how the space is heating up.

Only thing that's missing that I use is Amazon Prime Video/Music (Native tvOS app), but I personally then just use Prime Video/Music less and use others instead.

My Smart TV's do not get frequent (just about any) feature updates/additions from the manufacturer (and I really like the manufacturer).
    exactly the point

The AppleTV was designed to replace single purpose devices - Bluray players, CD players, Cable boxes, game system, smartTV hardware, and video streamers.

Roku and Chromcast are cute budget devices but they lack many features and services that AppleTV offers. Plus they are not nicely intergrated into the Apple ecosystem. For me gaming on AppleTV is all I need. I don't need a standalone game system.

Just as the iPhone replaced multiple devices - voice recorder, digital camera, CD player, PDA, ect. So will the AppleTV replace a ton of home devices.
    That's cute and all but we are a gaming household. With a PlayStation and Xbox One that have games that we love to play that the Apple TV as of now will not even come close to be able to have. Not everyone is as simple as your household. We like the PlayStation VR which is great and the games on Xbox. Plus I'm a huge fan of Amazon Prime with the new show The Grand Tour. 

I have no problem with integration because everything I do works seamlessly and effortlessly. Stream music, I just say Hey Google play whatever I want to listen to and it automatically starts playing through my sound system. All my pictures and videos show easily through the Chromecast which is great to show new pics of my girlfriend and I when the family comes over. 

I buy all movies digitally through ultraviolet, Vudu or Disney Movie Anywhere so that's not an issue at all. So everything you mentioned I can do within one or two taps of a button or just speak it and the Google Home will play it. 
    How do you access your iTunes library?

How do you say "Google stop spying on us!"?

Do you need iKnockoff devicess for Goog home compatibility?
    imagine replacing these pieces of sh** every 6 months...

shitty setup. 
    I don't have a iTunes library since I'd rather have my content free and able to be used whenever and however I want on whatever device I want. 

I don't believe or worry about the misled thought process of spying. Both Apple and Google know the same about me. Apple probably knows more about me. Heck, Apple knows I open and unlock my iPhone an average of 80 times a day. Apple knows pretty much everything about me.