Updated Apple Store app allows users to buy favorite items from the Apple Watch itself

Posted:
in Apple Watch
Apple's App Store app has been updated, with the primary addition being the ability to allow users to make purchases from the Apple Watch.

With version 4.1 of the app, users can favorite items from the Apple website or from another iOS device, and pay with Apple Pay directly from the Apple Watch. Purchasing from favorites is limited to accessories, such as cases and headphones.

The update also adds rich notifications for alerts from the app.

The new version of the Apple Store app requires 70.9MB of iOS device storage space, watchOS 3 for the Apple Watch functionality, and iOS 9 at a minimum. Rich notifications require iOS 10.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I guess this could be a nice update, I've just never cottoned to the idea of ordering anything automatically without my careful review, unless the thing being ordered is part of a subscription or regular billing process.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    This will be a must have feature for people with AirPods, with just one tap on the watch you can reorder the set you just lost yet again on your commute to work.
    elijahg
  • Reply 3 of 4
    512ke512ke Posts: 782member
    This is probably a must-have feature for someone. Not for me certainly... In fact I can't imagine buying anything "online" with the watch. Or wanting to.

Maybe you have to try it to get how great this is?

• Reply 4 of 4
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    This (still) only works with the Apple ID tied to your iTunes account.