Trio of new AMD GPU references for possible Mac refresh found in latest macOS Sierra beta

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 42
    tipootipoo Posts: 1,142member
    " and is probably a process improvement over the existing Polaris 10 series found in the Retina iMac given previous naming conventions." There's no Polaris iMac, those are still on GCN 1.1 or something.
  • Reply 42 of 42
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    altivec88 said:
    I wouldn't read too much into it.   There was a reference to a machine with 10 USB3 ports in El-Capitain over a year ago and nothing developed from it.   Since USB3 is considered obsolete to Apple, you will never see this so called 10 USB3 Mac.    Apple is so innovative right now, that their computers are becoming obsolete before they even release them.

Luckily we have the "can't innovate my ass" 3+ year old MacPro available to show us how its done.   Make sure you configure it with the $1000US (upgrade price) D700 that gets you a whopping 3.5 teraflops (you get two of them but you can count on 1 hand the number of software that supports dual cards).   Meanwhile you can buy the 9 teraflop Nvidia 1080 for under $600 (full price).  Oh yah... that's right,  Apple does not allow us to upgrade graphics cards in our workstations.  "can't innovate my ass"
    Apple's refusal to act like a computer manufacturer drives those of us who want new computers from them completely nuts.

Developers NEED pro and "prosumer"-level hardware to create those apps that drive the sales of their most profitable hardware, the iPhone.